So people, Lets just stick to the movies and not go into hatred.

I hate you.

Sky Diploma commented: Lol !! +3
jephthah commented: haha +10

But as for now, I would like to mention Gladiator, Troy and 300 as my favourite medival war movies :)

none of those movies are especially historically accurate, but .... medieval ?? :-O

FTR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Ages

ACCEPT to that... I GUESS i should remove medival and still dont make it accurate , Coz Gladiator is not exactly a war movie, though it has a war in the start. :)

I don't remember any of my favorite movies at all. I do remember noting however, that whenever I say to myself "Hey I really adore this movie", that movie had a good score. Maybe there's some kind of connection. Or maybe I just watch movies for the music.

Which is kind of sad.

In 2001 "Star Trek The Motion Picture" brought up a living machine so big that we couldn't fathom it.

Then who could forget HAL in "2001 SO"?

commented: 2001: kubrick meets clarke. win + win. +10

I guess it depends in part on what you mean by "impressive". I would second the vote for "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" - but the one I can't get out of my head is "Clockwork Orange". I saw it long after it was released, and did not find it "enjoyable", but it has stuck with me ...

I think that most of Alfred Hitchcock's stuff is very good.

On the other hand, if by "impressive" you mean special effects, then probably none of these suggestions will qualify!

commented: yeah, but "impressive" is to be judged subjectively. what's impressive to you? +10

I would say : Sailor and lula - David lynch

it's a fantastic movie , a very deep experience

I would say : Sailor and lula - David lynch

it's a fantastic movie , a very deep experience

:|

So far I think everyone has mentioned English-speaking movies. How about non-English movies? Admittedly I don't normally watch them because I don't like reading the subtitles. I did enjoy "The Visitors" -- a French film. Had to watch it 4 or 5 times in order to catch all the dialog in the subtitles. I just wish there were an English version of that movie.

in 2004 i used to go to french language course, i went there one year. during that time, i watched many french movies from its library. here in US i dont speak french at all though.

i mentioned two foreign films.

Kurosawa's Seven Samurai
Dreyer's Passion of Joan of Arc

commented: boo -1

Agree with Ancient.

Gone with The Wind is the best movie I prefer. Now I am watching Lie to me, it's interesting.

:)

commented: bleah. -2

This is the 44th post and no-one has mentioned Pulp-fiction yet, so I'll do it:

Pulp Fiction

Also:

the Green Mile

commented: Tarantino, who could not like tarantino +21

i watched pulp-fiction, what is special about it?

commented: boo. -2

The Phantom of the Opera and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (Bollywood Film)...

commented: bollywood. yawn. -2
commented: (@ the -ve 'repper' below) There are dumb movies in hollywood too. Yawn on that. +11

I'm a fan of Chris Marker's "Sans Soleil". I also just watched "My Dinner with Andre" again -- what a great film that is.

Excerpt from one of my favorites - The Matrix. It's the last line of the movie.

Neo, The One: "I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries, a world where anything is possible. Where we go from there, is a choice I leave to you."

boon dock saints

pans labarinth

Emir Kusturica's movies: Time of Gypsies, Underground, Life is a Miracle.
Tommy, Quadrophenia (The Who musical films)

commented: ack. Tommy was the most painfully ridiculous film to watch this side of Naked Lunch. -2

Can I choose 3:

Blade Runner
Evil Dead (the first one)
Natural Born Killers.

Trainspotting
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
A Clockwork Orange
A Scanner Darkly
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

commented: quality head trips. +11

Go watch Hangover its really funny or roadtrip thats a classic

commented: meh -2

Emir Kusturica's movies: Time of Gypsies, Underground, Life is a Miracle.
Tommy, Quadrophenia (The Who musical films)

I haven't watched these movies, maybe I could have a try.

:)

>i,ROBOT
>Will Smith fights a robot conspiracy to break the
>"a robot can't harm a human" union rules.

Read Asimov's short stories under the same name. You'll be even more impressed than some cheesy action knockoff could offer. I, Robot and I am Legend are two good examples of the movie totally ruining a good story.

Yeah! What is up with I Am Legend movies? Didn't those screen writers get it (or even read it)? Though the Will Smith version at least left him a legend - but still....

>what are your most impressive ones?
They're just movies, dude. Your question is about as meaningful as talking about the last time you picked a booger that gave you an epiphany. People will just look at you with confusion and pity.

You are well on the way to becoming my 'goddess' (and not in a <<This user is on your Ignore List.>> way).

You are well on the way to becoming my 'goddess' (and not in a <<This user is on your Ignore List.>> way).

She is mine, and will stay as my goddess only..

^ self-deprecating humor only works if there's a clear distinction between the person and the parody.

in other words: when a creepy internet stalker jokes about being a creepy internet stalker, it's not funny, it's just creepy.

commented: Haha :) +19

^ self-deprecating humor only works if there's a clear distinction between the person and the parody.

in other words: when a creepy internet stalker jokes about being a creepy internet stalker, it's not funny, it's just creepy.

you contribute to my vocabulary a lot. i am not an internet stalker.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.