i watched pulp-fiction, what is special about it?

To be honest: If you need to ask this question, you probably didn't understand the movie :)

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Yes good one! And to stay on the topic of drugs : requiem for a dream

You are well on the way to becoming my 'goddess'

Is this contagious or something? Should I start wearing a surgical mask when I'm surfing Daniweb?

William Hemsworth commented: Heh :) +12

>Is this contagious or something? Should I start wearing a surgical mask when I'm surfing Daniweb?

just join us :) , Narue admiration keeps you motivated :), i dont remember the name but i know one more person who responded to my post saying that each night before going to bed he reads some of Narue's poems. so now we are three. i dont know about Narue's poems though. i am saying to that guy : please send me the links for Narue's poems.

Yes good one! And to stay on the topic of drugs : requiem for a dream

Methinks I should watch this movie now...

As for powerfully moving films, Full Metal Jacket and Platoon are definitely up there.

>just join us
Never!

>one more person who responded to my post saying that each night before going to bad he reads some of Narue's poems.
If that's actually true, how pathetic.

>so now we are three
This really has to stop.

commented: Thank you for your effort to put a stop to this Narue-admierer uprising :P +2

>this really has to stop.
why?
even kirk hammet has fans? Why cant i be a fan of female software developer? if Narue was a guitar player, no one would critisize me because i admire her, however, since she is software engineer(that is how she call herself) i-we cant admire her?

>i admire her
That's not just what you imply when you say you love someone and want to marry them, jeez.

if i know that marrying her is impossible and if i say it, it is still admiration. i would want to marry her but that is just something hypothetical. i probably never will have the chance to know her in real life.

Ahahah! Wow, this is just getting a little odd guys (not to mention off topic, what happened to movies? :P)

commented: *nods* i'll stop. +12

Okay whatever, if you really "admire" her, stop ruining all your threads (and others), you actually make some nice theads, but they usually end up creepy. I just wish you wouldn't bring up this topic everytime.

>I just wish you wouldn't bring up this topic everytime.

no actually, i dont bring this topic all the time, for this thread i frankly wanted to learn your best movies so i can watch, today i watched hangover which i like so much and was posted by one of the members. and i plan to watch all the movies that are posted in this thread. Narue thing is brought up by other posters who keep adding to my reputation badly and more obsessively than i am towards Narue. Today for the first time it felt creepy to feel something like that. when i post some stuff about Narue, i am sincere(i forgot the spelling), but then i notice that i have a virtual mind. and that mind is castable to many perspektives and all of a sudden. While i was in the movie this evening, i perceived my life as so narrow that what i am doing about Narue is totally bullshit. but leave me to coding for hours then all of a sudden imagination of Narue as a wife seems so logical. i think as human beings we are not meant to code for so long or spent time alone with computer so long. then my mind can see anything as logical. my mind is having conceptual shortage. But i try to socialize myself these days, which even started to turn good already.

@serken sendur
Regardless who brought it up, let's just drop it. And of course we weren't meant to spend such long amounts of time tucked away in a virtual world online. Hence why I go on hiking, camping, and cycling trips to take breaks from time to time, and why I try not to code for obscene amounts of hours, even when I want to due to a good idea/implementation.
Now, back to movies!

For amazing westerns, I'd suggest "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" or "Billy Cassidy and the Sundance Kid".

Haha, back on topic now :)

Never really liked Westerns though...

A couple more good films:
Donnie Darko
Crocodile Dundee
and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (If you haven't yet seen the extended Blu-Ray, watch it!)

Brazil !

Brazil !

Yay! I had completely forgotten about that strange, strange movie by the brilliant Terry Gilliam.

I will say "Vintage Point" they way they handled they subject is great

Well I haven't really seen any breathtaking movie but, the best so far is >>The Runaway Jury<< I love it, if you haven't seen it the do it!

A couple of bollywood films:
Black
Swades

What's the criteria for movie selection. Can they be funny or do they have to be serious (I don't want to get panned for some of my selections) but off the cuff, the original Star Wars was the most impressive movie that I can think of on short notice

I watched 'Remember Me' a couple of night ago, I really enjoyed it and the ending was just amazing, it's a big (sad) twist. Improved my opinion of Robert Pattinson alot.

oops.

I don't know why, but every time i see this thread title Memento comes to mind. maybe it's because i just cant remember any other titles.

Ha ha. get it? I cant remember them!! LOL. you know, remember any ...

oh, never mind.

commented: Wait, what do you mean? +0
commented: Look at the tatoo in you arm. ;) +0

Really you'd remember "to" and then "en" and then "em" and then in a shocking twist you'd remember "M."

That and for you, you'd have #include <stdio.h> tattooed on your arm and not remember why.

I don't know why, but every time i see this thread title Memento comes to mind. maybe it's because i just cant remember any other titles.

Ha ha. get it? I cant remember them!! LOL. you know, remember any ...

oh, never mind.

commented: that, and maybe "jonsca corrupted my stack" in mirror image letters on my forehead.... +0

I enjoyed Slumdog Millionaire, it was emotional in some parts, although I doubt it will be life changing or anything like that...

that, and maybe "jonsca corrupted my stack" in mirror image letters on my forehead.... - jephthah

Good one. Not really the metaphor I would have gone with. :-/ lol

(that was too good to pass up, nothing personal I promise )

i am very much inspired with the movie Final Fantasy

commented: Yeah... how about you take your retarded choice of a movie and your crappy spam links and GTFO. +0

Impressive has more than one aspect.

One film that I've been able to watch multiple times, is "Out of Africa," with Merly Streep and Robert Redford. The film has so many levels, every viewing raises another. Mostly, its the sadness versus the tremendous joy of knowing and then losing a love that is a once in a life time achievement grade special best ever in the universe love.

that is the question, i want to watch some impactful stuff.
thanks

OK So I know I answered this question last week, but I saw some movies this weekend that changed my mind. A Few Good Men, was in my estimation a terrific movie. One of the better movies that I've seen in a long while and the Shawshank Redemption

Its got to be 'The Matrix'... it actually got me interested in programming...:-/

that is the question, i want to watch some impactful stuff.
thanks

Shawshank Redemption, I dare say.

The Notebook
Catch Me If You Can
Blood Diamond
French Kiss
Taken
Escape From Alcatraz ( this movie is similar to Shawshank Redemption)
Traitor
The Last king of scotland.....
All these are beautiful movies I have ever seen....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.