Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Reverend Jim
Featured Replies
  • I was wrong only once in my life -- I thought I was wrong but I was wrong. -- Unknown Read More

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. -- Albert Einstein Read More

Some days you're the dog - some days you're the hydrant. -- Unknown Read More

ddanbe 2,525   7 Years Ago

An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes. Read More

• Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. -- Frank Barkow Read More

[QUOTE=vegaseat;890062]Once harm has been done, even a fool understands it. -- Homer[/QUOTE] Mmmmm.... Donuts. -- Homer Read More

• "When the last tree is cut, the last river is poisoned, and the last fish is dead, we will discover that we can't eat money..." Read More

vmanes 1,165   7 Years Ago

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Rick Cook Read More

Testing can only prove the presence of bugs, not their absence. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra Read More

• Albert Einstein: Der enzige wirklche wertvole Sache ist Intuition. The only real valuable thing is intuition. Read More

Can you answer? Yes I can,
but what would be the answer to the answer man?

-The Grateful Dead, "St. Stephen"

Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.
-- Frank Barkow

One of my favorites:

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
-- Douglas Adams

The only thing worse than not getting what you want is getting what you want.
-- Oscar Wilde

Those who know how to win are more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories.
--- Polybius

Experience is a hard teacher, because the test is given first, the lesson afterwards.
~~~ Vernon Lawson

The only reason many people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
-- Paul Dontee

The only reason many people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
-- Paul Dontee

He was lost in thought - fortunately, he did not have far to travel
-- Goon Show (and various)

Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink.
-- W. C. Fields

The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.
~~~ A. A. Milne

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
-- Albert Einstein

I get mail, therefore I am.

Nice! Paraphrasing Descartes (The man who gave us the x and the y in the carthesian coordinate system)

Be nice to people on your way up, because you'll meet 'em on your way down.
-- Wilson Mizner

The symptom of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important.
-- Bertrand Russell

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.
-- George F. Will

Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.