"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

I'd rather not be reminded of John Wayne Bobbit and his ex Lorena.

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

President John F. Kennedy

"Simple things should be simple and complex things should be possible."
-- Elmer Fudd

"Simple things should be simple and complex things should be possible."
-- Elmer Fudd

We all fail.

But is not failing that hurts.
What hurts is knowing that
you didn't give your best - Andrew Matthhews

"The scientist only imposes two things, namely truth and sincerity, imposes them upon himself and upon other scientists."
-- Erwin Schrodinger

"A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money."
-- W. C. Fields

Ah, those darn DW duplicates are biting again! So let's add a bonus:

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
-- W. C. Fields

Edited by vegaseat: n/a

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. --Buddha

The is on the main page of my employer's website:

"If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if you teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime."

~Anonymous

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing.
-- Wernher Von Braun (famous rocket scientist)

I think science has enjoyed an extraordinary success because it has such a limited and narrow realm in which to focus its efforts. Namely, the physical universe.
-- Ken Jenkins

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
-- Henry J. Tillman

In essence, science is a perpetual search for an intelligent and integrated comprehension of the world we live in.
== Cornelius Bernardus Van Neil

Edited by vegaseat: n/a

In Science the credit goes to the man who convinces the world, not to the man to whom the idea first occurred.
>> Sir William Osler

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.