I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each others dreams, we can be together all the time.

- Hobbes (from the comic strip, Calvin and Hobbes)

I don't follow others because it may be dangerous .so I took a big risk n started to follow my self.

" I did this because some one told me big risk can take you on big hight" - By me

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

-- Irish Proverb

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Albert Einstein (German born American Physicist)

Here are some of my favorites:

"Hero­ism breaks its heart, and ide­al­ism its back, on the intran­si­gence of the cred­u­lous and the mediocre, manip­u­lated by the cyn­i­cal and the corrupt." - Christopher Hitchens (R.I.P.)

"You know you're a programmer if you always start counting from 0." - Geek saying

"When you smash the box, you have no choice but to think outside of it." - Me (in the context of describing generic programming techniques)

"Yes, inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." - Picasso

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

"Alles hat ein ende, nur die wurst hat zwei." - German saying ("Everything has an end, only sausages have two.")

"If we gave this man an enema, we could bury him in a matchbox." - Christopher Hitchens (in layman terms: "this man is full of it")

On the geeky side:

"There are only 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who don’t."

"Windows 95 is a 32 bit extension for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."

“There are only two kinds of programming languages: those people always bitch about and those nobody uses.”
-- Bjarne Stroustrup

"If I can get a mechanism which will make a current of electricity vary in its intensity, as the air varies in density when a sound is passing through it, I can telegraph any sound, even the sound of speech."
— Alexander Graham Bell

"May your earholes turn into a-holes and crap all over your face" - my former mother-in-law

Edited by happygeek: typo

Be yourself. The people who matter won't mind and those who mind don't matter. - Bernard Baruch

Edited by Reverend Jim: spelling

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
--> Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

We as a global society are increasingly dependent on science, yet increasingly ignorant of it.
-- Rolf Heuer

Votes + Comments
TRUE THAT !

E: The entire British empire was built on cups of tea...

B: Yeah, and look what happened to that.

E: ...And if you think I'm going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken.

Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live or die on this day
Live or die on this day

-- Ottway

"Never explain yourself. Your friends don’t need it and your enemies won’t believe it."
-- Belgicia Howell

There are two kinds of balls in this world. There are the big brave balls and then there are the little mincey fxggot balls.

-- Bullet Tooth Tony:

The First Rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.
The Second Rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.
Third Rule of Fight Club: someone yells stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.
Fourth Rule : only two guys to a fight.
Fifth Rule: one fight at a time, fellas.
Sixth Rule: no shirts, no shoes.
Seventh Rule: fights will go on as long as they have to.
And the Eighth and Final Rule: if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

-- Tyler Durden

I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man, and learned the two greatest things in life. Look at me. Never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut.

-- Jimmy Conway

When I was born, the world was a far simpler place. It was all just cops and robbers.
But as some roman general once said: If you seek peace, plan for war.

-- XXXX

Edited by LastMitch: grammer

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.