God is dead - Nietzsche, Who's laughing now? - God

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary" - unknown

Stupidity is doing the exact same thing again and again in the hope it works and being suprised when it doesn't. - unknown

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail -Roy Keane Rep. of Ireland footballer Saipan 2002.

I'm afraid of the floor, it's not the height that kills you it's when you hit the floor. -Chadwell the Welsh philosopher Naked Video

"People such as scientist Stephen Hawking wouldn't have a chance in the UK, where the National Health Service would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless," US - newspaper "I wouldn't be here today if it were not for the NHS," - Stephen Hawking

"May you live in interesting times - and come to the attention of the authorities" old Chinese curse

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Truth is, I've been thirsty my whole life. Never really known why.

-- Edward Bloom

Member Avatar for LastMitch

No thinking - that comes later. You must write your first draft with your heart. You rewrite with your head. The first key to writing is... to write, not to think!

-- William Forrester

People who can code in biology, medicine, government, sociology, physics, history, and mathematics are respected and can do amazing things to advance those disciplines.
--- Zed A. Shaw

"In computer programming, clever and simple are synonyms." - your humble moderator

A true winner is never afraid to lose.

Confronted with the impossibility of remaining faithful to one's beliefs, and the equal impossibility of becoming free of them, one can be driven to the most inhuman excesses.

If I hadn't have believed it I wouldn't have seen it. - Ashleigh Brilliant

Just to stir things up seemed a great reward in itself. - Sallust

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - unknown

"If it wasn't for C, we'd be writing programs in BASI, PASAL, and OBOL."

"#define QUESTION ((bb) || !(bb))" — Shakespeare

I've only lived 18 years, but I don't want to change any of them. They're all part of my life, even the failures.
- Makise Kurisu (Steins;Gate)

Theories are nothing more than words. Accept what you've seen.
- Okabe Rintarou (Steins;Gate)

Luck accounts for nothing in sucess instead it is a voracious appetite for work and a strength of will against imposible odds.

-Garry Kasparov-

Fear of corrupting the mind of the younger generation is the loftiest form of cowardice.
- Holbrook Jackson, 1874-1948

Laws are spider webs through which the big flies pass and the little ones get caught.

Honore de Balzac

"Experience is nothing more but the sum off all your failures combined."

"Off course debugging is harder than creating the original version. It has to work this time!"

Law and order are everywhere the law and order which protect the established hierarchy.

Herbert Marcuse

i am not afriad, because we are the same .

"Easy is to get a place in someone's address book..
Difficult is to get a place in someone's heart..."

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds." Bob Marley

"Life is just what it seems: the hammer or the anvil, or the space in between." Peter Bernard

"The key to thinking outside the box is to realize that there is no box." Luke Short

A little taste of the genius of George Carlin (RIP):

"I never understood national pride. You should be proud of things you achieved or acquired on your own, not for an accident of birth."

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it."

"Military cemeteries around the world are packed with brainwashed dead soldiers who were convinced God was on their side... We pray for God to destroy our enemies, our enemies pray for God to destroy us... somebody's gonna be disappointed, somebody's wasting their f'ing time, could it be... everyone!"

"The best thing you can do to a kid is warn him about all the bu115hit that's to come, and teach him how to detect it."

"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it."

"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death."

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."

"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the naughty girls live."

"Weather forecast for tonight: dark."

"If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?"

"Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will clean them?"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."

"A lot of these people who keep a gun at home for safety are the same ones who refuse to wear a seat belt."

"Shopping and buying and getting and having comprise the Great American Addiction. No one is immune. When the underclass riots in this country they don’t kill policemen and politicians, they steal merchandise. How embarrassing."

"As far as calling them 'Native Americans' is concerned, do I even have to point out what an insult this is? We steal their hemisphere, kill twenty or so million of them, destroy five hundred separate cultures, herd the survivors on to the worst land we can find, and now we want to name them after ourselves? It’s appalling. Haven’t we done enough damage? Do we have to further degrade them by tagging them with the same name as the conquerors?"

"It’s way beyond ironic that a place called the Holy Land is the location of the fiercest most deeply felt hatred in the world."

"The next time a prostitute solicits your business, ask for the clergyman’s rate."

"America: where Irish, English, Germans, Scandinavians, Poles and Italians come together to kill Indians, lynch niggers and beat the shit out of spics and Jews."

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"I wanna live. I don’t wanna die. That’s the whole meaning of life: Not dying! I figured that one out by myself in the third grade."

"Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money."

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

Why limit a child to being just human when they have so much imagination? - Anon

Point at other people only if you have a clean finger.
-- Carolus Ahrm

"If you're not falling off climbs then you're not pushing yourself" - Tom Williams (Climber/ staff member at my local climbing wall).

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
~~~ Mae West

Do you want happiness in life?
If yes..Then never be a begger of love, always be a donor of it

Live well & happily in this world...
Its the best revenge to those who have hurt you & avoided you in your life.....

“Life is tough. and if you have the ability to laugh at it, you have the ability to enjoy it.”

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."
-- Leo Tolstoy

"If government is the answer, then it was a stupid question"
- some t-shirt :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.