Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. ...Mark Twain

"Fugg the EU!"
... US Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland

I don’t think anything gives your life joy and meaning. I think your life simply has joy and meaning. The love for my children, the love for my parents and the love for my friends is the end in itself. The meaning is life. – Penn Jillette

Out of all the things I lost I miss my mind the most - ozzy osbourne

If you try and lose then it isn't your fault. But if you don't try and we lose, then it's all your fault. ― Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

Remember!! Not getting what u want is Sometimes a Wonderful stroke of Luck!!

"Rome lived upon its principal till ruin stared it in the face. Industry is the only true source of wealth, and there was no industry in Rome. By day the Ostia road was crowded with carts and muleteers, carrying to the great city the silks and spices of the East, the marble of Asia Minor, the timber of the Atlas, the grain of Africa and Egypt; and the carts brought out nothing but loads of dung. That was their return cargo."

"The Martyrdom of Man" by Winwood Reade (1871)

“I always said that if I wasn’t studying psychopaths in prison, I’d do it at the stock exchange.” – Robert Hare, creator of the Hare Psychopathy Checklist

In Rudyard Kipling's, The Jungle Book, the Bandar-log, a tribe of monkeys were considered insane by the other animals in the jungle because of their complete self-absorption, lack of discipline and outsized vanity. They would chant in unison: “We are great. We are free. We are wonderful. We are the most wonderful people in all the jungle! We all say so, and so it must be true.”

"World peace, like community peace, does not require that each man love his neighbor. It requires only that they live together in mutual tolerance, submitting their disputes to a just and peaceful settlement."

John F. Kennedy

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: It goes on.” – Robert Frost

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein

Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.

... Immanuel Kant

"It may be tempting to keep your head down and plod along... but that's a quitter's way out." - Sarah Palin

I love this one simply for the complete disconnect from reality that is her trademark.

You have all the reason in the world to achieve your grandest dreams. Imagination plus innovation equals realization. - Denis Waitley

A spirit of innovation is generally the result of a selfish temper and confined views. People will not look forward to posterity, who never look backward to their ancestors. - Edmund Burke

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
... Winston Churchill

"Getting an MBA is the death sentence for tinkering. Nothing drives out the pleasure of experiment like a business degree, and the better the school, the worse the impact."
--- Elliot S. Weissbluth

One of my favorites "TRUE LOVE DOESN'T HAPPEN EVERYDAY" contrary to this "FIGHT ALL ODDS IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE". Bottomline is think not just twice thrice or more but a hundred times if one is worth fighting for esp when your relationship started not right.

Wow- decisions, decisions! I can't say which is my most favorite quote, but I definitely do have a few that I've collected over the years:

"Does this path have a heart?
If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't it is of no use.
Both paths lead nowhere, but one has a heart and the other doesn't.
One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it you are one with it.
The other will make you curse your life.
One makes you strong, the other weakens you."
~ Carlos Castaneda, The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge ~

"There has grown up in the minds of certain groups in this country the notion that because a man or a corporation has made a profit out of the public for a number of years, the government and the courts are charged with the duty of guaranteeing such profit in the future, even in the face of changing circumstances and contrary public interest. This strange doctrine is not supported by statute nor common law. Neither individuals nor corporations have any right to come into court and ask that the clock of history be stopped, or turned back, for their private benefit."
~ Robert Heinlein ~

"A man has got to know his limitations"
~ Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force~

"If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind".
~Grateful Dead, Franklin's Tower~

"I asked him for mercy... he gave me a gun"
~Grateful Dead, Greatest Story Ever Told~

"I'm going to demonstrate one of my favorite techniques in this next song:
I'm going to take a lovely, simple melody... and drive it into the ground."
~ Leo Kottke ~

"Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you"
~ Stephen Stills, To Mama from Christopher and the Old Man~

"Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part".
~ Origin unknown, but one of my favorite and most applicable quotes~
(I'm sure that anyone else who works in IT either already knows this quote, or at least totally understands it)

"Arguing that climate change isn't real because it's cold is like saying the sun doesn't exist because it's night." - Bill maher

It is not important to be better than someone else,
but to be better than yesterday.
JIGORO KANO, CREATOR OF JUDO

Your Mind Is Your Great Friend, If You Control It.
But,
Your Mind Is Your Great Enemy, If Your don't Control It.

Political illiteracy is the manure for the flourishing of political appeals based on sheer ignorance. - CJ Werleman

“The worst illiterate is the political illiterate, he doesn’t hear, doesn’t speak, nor participates in the political events. He doesn’t know the cost of life, the price of the bean, of the fish, of the flour, of the rent, of the shoes and of the medicine, all depends on political decisions. The political illiterate is so stupid that he is proud and swells his chest saying that he hates politics. The imbecile doesn’t know that, from his political ignorance is born the prostitute, the abandoned child, and the worst thieves of all, the bad politician, corrupted and flunky of the national and multinational companies.”

Bertolt Brecht

"In all my past lives, I have been me." MayW.

"Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles; it takes away today's peace."
... Armando Worcester

"The best way to predict the future is to create it" - Peter Drucker

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
... Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"One way to make sure crime doesn't pay would be to let the government run it."
... Ronald Reagan (1911–2004)

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing. - Emo Philips

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.