President Bush's tax proposals leave no rich person behind.
... Andy Rooney

"I'm so mean I make medicine sick."
... Muhammad Ali

"Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded."
... Fyodor Dostoevsky

"If we don't act now to safeguard our privacy, we could all become victims of identity theft."
... Bill Nelson

There is many quotes that keep us motivated , but some of them get in our mind deeply and we can't forget them. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Gandhi . The quote that makes you think еvery time you read it. Every time I read something interesting from hardquotes.com , I feel more motivated and focused on the things that I want .

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back."
-- Oscar Wilde

"The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage."
-- Mark Russell

I like the Travis McGee novels in part because of the insight John D MacDonald inserts.

"This is a complex culture... The more intricate our society gets, the more semi-legal ways to steal."

"You see, dear, there is no one left to ask them a single troublesome question. Such as: Where have you been and where are you going and is it worth it."

"If we knew what it was what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, wouldn't it?"
... Albert Einstein (3/14/1879 - 4/18/1955)

In light of the recent travesty of a ruling in Ferguson...

Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe.

• Frederick Douglass

"Have you noticed that all the people in favour of birth control are already born?"
-- Benny Hill

There is only as much generosity to recieve as there is to give.
- Julien Green

"When we fail to invest in children, we have to pay the cost."
... Bob Keeshan

commented: The human equivalent of technical debt? +0

Rumor has it he was quoting Mr Greenjeans

English proverb
"The soul is healed by being with children."

commented: When you've been around children long enough you begin to realize why some animals eat their young. +0

"There are people in the world so hungry that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread."
-- Mohandas Gandhi

"Monsanto should not have to vouchsafe the safety of biotech food. Our interest is in selling as much of it as possible. Assuring its safety is the FDA's job."

• Phil Angell, Monsanto's director of corporate communications. New York Times, Oct. 25, 1998

“I think it’s wrong that the game Monopoly is sold by only one company”
... Stephen Wright

"There are only two powers in the world, saber and mind; at the end, saber is always defeated by mind"
... Napoleon Bonaparte (1769–1821)

Member Avatar for Warrens80

Any man can fall,
it's the hero that gets back up

Man is the Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion–several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself, and cuts his throat if his theology isn’t straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother’s path to happiness and heaven. He was at it in the time of the Caesars, he was at it in Mahomet’s time, he was at it in the time of the Inquisition, he was at it in France a couple of centuries, he was at it in England in Mary’s day, he has been at it ever since he first saw the light.

Mark Twain

A quote in front of a group of women:
If you want to be happy, get drunk.
If you want to be happy for a while, get married.
If you want to be happy forever, get boyfriends.

“It seems to me the most obvious decision a person could make in their life: do I want to make real-world policy decided on the basis of proven facts and the reaches of what humans have gotten to do in science? Or do I want real-world decisions made based on ancient myths written by men who didn’t know what a germ or an atom was, or where the sun went at night?”

Bill Maher

Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended.
A.P.J abdul kalam

Doubt is a question mark; faith is an exclamation point. The most compelling, believable, realistic stories have included them both.

"Our differences are only skin deep, but our sames go down to the bones."
~~ Marge Simpson

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
~~ George Carlin

"Look at the world today. Is there anything more pitiful? What madness there is! What blindness! What unintelligent leadership! A scurrying mass of bewildered humanity, crashing headlong against each other, propelled by an orgy of greed and brutality."

James Hilton (Lost Horizon)

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body,
but to skid in sideways torn and taddered yelling "Oh shidt what a ride!"

"Nobody taxes the sun yet."
... Bonnie Raitt

"Read my lips: no new taxes."
... George H. W. Bush

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.