Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
-- François-Marie Arouet a.k.a. Voltaire

"Innovation has nothing to do with how many R&D dollars you have. When Apple came up with the Mac, IBM was spending at least 100 times more on R&D. It's not about money. It's about the people you have, how you're led, and how much you get it."
-- Steve Jobs

“Until we're educating every kid in a fantastic way, until every inner city is cleaned up, there is no shortage of things to do.”
-- Bill Gates

“War is never economically beneficial except for those in position to profit from war expenditures.”
-- Ron Paul

"The malignant neglect of the last twelve years has led to breakdown of our country's immune system, environmentally, culturally, politically, spiritually and physically.”
-- Barbara Streisand

I've always liked Atlanta. And not just for the strip clubs, but the shopping and the food.
-- Jon Stewart

I've always liked Atlanta. And not just for the strip clubs, but the shopping and the food.
-- Jon Stewart

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s troublesome.
— Isaac Asimov

"I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store, and he asked me for my autograph."
-- Shirley Temple

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.