Greetings All,
After recently being laid-off I'm looking into some government funded training. They will pay for me to take a course with any local college so long as I have a diploma or cert within two years. One that stood out to me takes 10 month and leaves me with 10 potential certs. MCSE, MCSA, MCDST, A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, CIW Associate, CIW Security Analyst, and CCNA.
There is also a second course that offers MSSQL and Oracle certification paths but the exams aren't paid for.

The only concern I have is how this looks to a potential employer. Does anyone have any experience gaining certs in this manner? Did the location you took the courses affect how they viewed your having them?

Cets are not the primary thing employers look for, but they may make a difference in distinguishing you from the other guys with the same education and experience.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.