well, have you?

Recommended Answers

All 29 Replies

Do I really need to ? I've been a member here since the stone ages.:)

yes i think

I'd bet my paycheck that most of the big names haven't.

I'd bet my paycheck that most of the big names haven't.

I tried to search all the threads I started but there are apparently too many because it won't return any threads earlier than 2009.

>I tried to search all the threads I started but there are apparently
>too many because it won't return any threads earlier than 2009.
Exclude the reported posts and infraction forums.

Good thinking! I forgot I could just search in Comm Intros for my threads. And you are right -- I did not do it. Oh well, its a tad late now.

Hmm, there is one asking about changing my name from the old proliant_fan to the current jbennet..... but i definately did make one i think. Strange, maybe it has dissapearred.

Its meant to be a file called hello.wav on a sound clio site but for some reason redirects

yes i think

Unrelated to the thread but I have always wondered why you have an american flag in your avatar but you're from scotland?

I didn't know that forum even existed :P

Its the cover from an album by my favourite group "Rammstein" (a German heavy metal band).

The album is called Amerika. The guy in the pic is the lead singer, dressed as a stereotypical capitalist. The title song "Amerika" is a satirical piece about americanisation (in particular peoples resentment on how americanisms are eroding traditional ways), americas view on "freedom", and how they use thier political influence on the world.

You can see the band logo in the bottom right
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w9EksAo5hY

commented: pop metal != heavy metal -1
commented: they're not "pop metal" in the derogatory sense. they're generally considered "european industrial metal", and they're pretty badass. +14

I didn't know that forum even existed :P

you need to explore our wold of DaniWeb a little more. You might be surprised what you will find.

Its the cover from an album by my favourite group "Rammstein" (a German heavy metal band).

The album is called Amerika. The guy in the pic is the lead singer, dressed as a stereotypical capitalist. The title song "Amerika" is a satirical piece about americanisation (in particular peoples resentment on how americanisms are eroding traditional ways), americas view on "freedom", and how they use thier political influence on the world.

You can see the band logo in the bottom right
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w9EksAo5hY

I especially like the line "This is not a love song" for those USAians too dense to catch up.

There is no options for Yes I am a bad community member.

commented: haha +22

Do I really need to ? I've been a member here since the stone ages.:)

Why not?

Re: Reputation comments, they are dance/industrial metal

Re: Reputation comments, they are dance/industrial metal

Listening, listening, listening. Evaluation:
Where's the metal, all I hear is generic pop rock? And you can call it dance if you want.... industrial too, as in: mass produced.

Call it what you want.

if you think Ministry is pop metal, then ... yeah.

if you think Ministry is pop metal, then ... yeah.

There's a band that actually qualifies as industrial metal. Not just a couple plinks on the drum and a few bleeps on a synth in the background(i.e. Rammstein).

Lets see how far off topic this thread will lead itself, today.

Listening, listening, listening. Evaluation:
Where's the metal, all I hear is generic pop rock? And you can call it dance if you want....

Listen to the song "Du hast" then compare it to the song "Zerstoren"

What kind of forum is this? Even moderators take threads off topic.

There's a band that actually qualifies as industrial metal. Not just a couple plinks on the drum and a few bleeps on a synth in the background(i.e. Rammstein).

Lets see how far off topic this thread will lead itself, today.

I saw an old Einstuerzende Neubauten movie - they were in an old warehouse and were playing a rusty iron spring, a shopping cart, some beat up shrouding, and some weird thing made from old tubes and potentiometers. That was INdustrial

Hmm, didn't even know that such a thing was possible/necessary till I saw this thread.

some how reading this I'm a little confused now and can't really rebember what I was going to say, some thing along the lines of introducing my self. so here goes. Hello all. there done it. LOL.

yup ..

whoa theres a lot of bad community members lol.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.