I have always been a hater of bottled water!! (Tastes like crap,hardily any flavour)

This excellent little article points out some more problems of bottled water that I was not aware of...

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/daily_green_news/98/six-indictments-against-bottled-water.html

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Dude, do you regularly browse the internet with no other cause except to find something interesting? Much Respect.

Yup thats me bud :)

I like finding good/interesting things!

I believe the oppisite.

The tap water here:

*Tastes like a swimming pool - so chloriney
*Hard so you cant shave very well with it and it knackers your kettle etc...
*Tastes metally
*Is sometimes a funny colour due to the peat

The upside is it is CHEAP.

I love bottled water still :p

Personally I refuse point-blank to pay $2-3 for water which has cost the manufacturer less than 5 cents, when I can get it out of a tap and purify myself for a fraction of the cost.

I think what started as some Yuppie trend, has spread far and wide beyond any sensible point.

The only reason I buy it is so that I can have it where I work. Otherwise at home my refrigerator has a cold water filtered facet that is quite cheep to operate. The bottled water that I buy costs about $0.12/20-oz bottle, or about $0.75/gallon. If you are paying much more than that I'd suggest you start buying a different brand of bottled water.

The best tap water I ever tasted in my life was around the Great Lakes in New York State (not far from American/Canadian border). I went there on a business trip once, stopped at a restaurant and couldn't stop myself drinking lots of water. I have not tasted anything like it since then either.

I like sparkling water - I used to go through almost a case of Talking Rain per week. Seattle has really good water so I went out and bought a 20 lb bottle of CO2 and now make my own. I put tap water in the fridge to cool (dissolving gas in water is the opposite to dissolving solids - the colder, the more you can dissolve) and when I need more, I just go out into the shed, inject some CO2, and I am good to go.

What with all the Phthalates in plastic bottles and the lack of any rules governing what is in bottled water, why drink it.

The bottled water that I buy costs about $0.12/20-oz bottle, or about $0.75/gallon. If you are paying much more than that I'd suggest you start buying a different brand of bottled water.

The only way to get anything close to that cost here in OZ is buying buy the crate or buying 5+litre bottles. Considering most of the water I drink is mixed with coffee (to be honest, most days lucky to drink more than a single glass of H2o) I'm not going to be buying in that form.

I have a stainless steel flask and clean tap, so bah-humbug.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.