Wow, I have been looking at the new things that longhorn will come with and I am impressed. There are a lot of new tools that they are going to release for developers for .net. Can't wait to try them.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Hey Dark Omen ! can you give me some type of url or info about what features will be included in longhorn.

That would be great. I have been trying to get my hands on some of the betas from microsoft, but they want people subscribed to their program thing.

I'm in several beta programs (including the software I write for a job of course).
Beta testing is not just having access to cool new software, it's serious (and often incredibly boring and frustrating) work.

Microsoft wants only people they know they can trust to keep their mouths shut and to really work at it in their beta programs, an attitude I think is perfectly correct.

How do u become a beta tester anyways?

by knowing developers :)
That's the nice thing of online communities, people who know their stuff can get noticed by the developers of a product.
That's how I got in contact with several, leading to places on beta teams and vollunteer work as a customer support person for one company (with free access to their entire product line as a reward).

I know some people that have a connection with microsoft I'll have to ask them.

So is a 64 bit processor needed?

I don't think it is needed, I think it is optimized with the 64bit processor.

Wow, I have been looking at the new things that longhorn will come with and I am impressed. There are a lot of new tools that they are going to release for developers for .net. Can't wait to try them.

If it's only .NET tools, I bet there will be some bum that claims Monopoly just like they did with Internet Explorer.

yeah, probably

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.