Just to say I'm a ICT technician at a primary school in England - desperately trying to save the school money by setting up a new server.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Just to say I'm a ICT technician at a primary school in England - desperately trying to save the school money by setting up a new server.

Welcome to DaniWeb :)

What server are you setting up ?

Welcome to DaniWeb :)

What server are you setting up ?

Hi junior poster! Thanks

The server is a HP Proliant ML110 Server - with just two 72 Gb SCSI drives
I intend to run them mirrored in a RAID 1 setup as the school has low usage and only about 15 users (It is a school for Special Educational Needs - mostly mental & physical disabilities and 90% of activitly is client based)

Well it sounds like you got it pretty much stitched up. If you have any problems just post in the relevant forum.

Good Luck.

Well it sounds like you got it pretty much stitched up. If you have any problems just post in the relevant forum.

Good Luck.

Thanks - have done so and await reply - sorry to hear about your monitor - cable pin once got bent on my monitor with similar effects but if you've not touched it then I can't say its that. Soz

Thanks - have done so and await reply - sorry to hear about your monitor - cable pin once got bent on my monitor with similar effects but if you've not touched it then I can't say its that. Soz

He he,

My monitors are fine, I'm trying to help the poor guy who's monitor is screwed.
;)

Welcome to Daniweb Micheal :)

never too old to be new :cool:

hello, join the club

Old, young it dont matter -.-

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.