Back when I worked for the Australian Defence Department I was writing code that simulated warships communicating with each other. During testing I had 4 pc's talking to each other via UDP and TCP communication. The hardest part about it all was remembering which ship was being simulated by which PC!

5. One PDA, two laptops, and two desktops.

I was installing and setting-up W2K on the laptops for my father and his boss.

You are Cool!

I can only handle a laptop and a desk at best!

Back when I worked for the Australian Defence Department I was writing code that simulated warships communicating with each other. During testing I had 4 pc's talking to each other via UDP and TCP communication. The hardest part about it all was remembering which ship was being simulated by which PC!

I would imagine you had fun designing that system. Talk about the ultimate game.

LOL! it reminds me of a movie from the 80s called War Games where an AI machine that went berserk and started declaring war thinking it was a game like tic tac toe.

6, which included 2 laptops and 4 desktops. Only happens when we have a LAN game weekend. The ultimate idea is to play games, but hence we start sharing files and I normally do the run arround seeing it's my house. Normal times, only 3. One desktop running MS server 2003 and this pc doing everything at once (trying to) and my laptop for downloading or testing.

My record is 2: my laptop-fixing the wireless drivers on Fedora 10,my desktop-finding the best and working solution to fix my laptop wifi drivers :)

At most, i can handle at the same time, no more!!

Only one, I need to forcus, and the only can drive me crazy from time to time!

he he nice!!
Mine is 7
A server, my laptop and 5 client comps....updating our Cyber Cafe

...and guess what they all had 4 browser tabs+ running!! :-0 :-p

Just 2 ......My laptop & my great System !
[ 2,3, 4,..... hu , already i am hangout with my single computer !! god will bless you guys ..]

Sorry i am going to purchase one more System to my shop ....

At most two, I am not such a geek who can simultaniously use more than 2 or 3 computers at one time!

I taught computer science at a junior college for many years. One day 20 or more years ago, I guess, I was surprised to hear two-part harmony coming out of the computer room. One of the geekier students had programmed the dinky PC speaker ... on TWO PC's ... so that each computer played one voice of a two-part arrangement of (I think) the Ode to Joy theme from Beethoven's Ninth. Then he reached out with his long arms and started both of them simultaneously.

I thought this was very cool and original. I told him if he got 14 long-armed friends together, they could have all the 30 PC's in the room playing the whole orchestration!!

This was pretty impressive, considering it was in the days before sound cards.

5. One PDA, two laptops, and two desktops.

I was installing and setting-up W2K on the laptops for my father and his boss.

You are really awesome!

One for me! At most two!

i use 2 computers. one desktop and one laptop. to be fair though the desktop has 3 screens that i use :)

ive used five at a time without having to move 2 were cleaning up there databases and defragging their harddrives one was being used for school work and the other two were being reimaged with windows xp and windows vista. normally i only use two or three.

One PDA, two laptops, and two desktops - I was installing and setting-up W2K on the laptops for my father and his boss.

Yeah, i find the RDP client on Windows Mobile is dead handy (and for linux, PocketPuTTY) for maintaining a number of machines on the move.

My most is probably two laptops, a PDA, and two PCs
- PDA on the go for facebook and MSN as well as i had music playing through my headset from it
- linux box as a web server, windows box as the devel pc
- one laptop showing my design document - essentially a second monitor
- the other laptop was for viewing the resulting site (devel PC ran linux and i wanted to see it under IE)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.