Shots fired on I5 Seattle (5-6 shots - probably more - definitely semi-auto.)

AK47 - 2 suspects, one captured

concussion grenades

Motorists on freeway for about 2 hours

seems like spotted on both sides of f-way

ah - 2nd guy surrendered but does not have weapon

No injuries reported (I can hear sirens in distance)
2nd suspect white male

officers immediately blocked access to/from freeway - North Seattle Community College is in the area and would have been a terror to dig an armed person out of as it is a maze of concrete walkways both elevated and subbed

more than 30 round fired (one clips worth??)

Hey, the guys who left the ballgame can finally head for home

Ah, well - David Letterman.... nope - the news readers are now talking with citizens on the phone.

It was 2 guys late teens or early 20s

more than 30 round fired (one clips worth??)

Thirty hand loaded shots, six clips(5rnd.), three clips(10rnd.), two clips(15rnd.), one clip(30rnd.), 3/4 of a clip(40rnd.). Combination of the above.

Thirty hand loaded shots, six clips(5rnd.), three clips(10rnd.), two clips(15rnd.), one clip(30rnd.), 3/4 of a clip(40rnd.). Combination of the above.

I am going with one 30 or 40 round clip. It appears he was a convicted felon and they are now no longer identifying the type so specifically (ie no longer referring to the weapon to an ak-47) but I am going to guess it was in the 'assault weapon' category.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.