Please vote for the Programming Languages you use.
You can select Multiple.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Haskell, C#

C, C++, assembly, unadulterated x86 machine code, a Casio fx-115MS with some big-ass books full of tables and some scratch paper.

Does the latter count as a language? I believe it does.

.NET is not a programming language. I'm not quite sure just what it is but its part of MS-Windows os. Maybe you mean c++/CLR??

I must be some kind of programming junkie or something...I think I've got a problem! :-O

Mainly C/C++, and some Assembly by trade...
But lots of recreational and past vocational use of Python, Actionscript and Java.

Also there's the very occasional guilty bit of .NET/CLR stuff (C++, C# and some VB) from time to time.

I've also used many implementations of Basic over the years. (from BBC, Amstrad, Commodore and Spectrum up to Blitzbasic, VB and VB.NET)...Not much time for basic nowadays though, but occasionally I'll dig out the trusty ol' 464 and bash out a few lines before finally giving in to the temptation to load up one of the old classic game cassettes...I love that loading sound! :*

Did some Pascal and Delphi at college (who didn't?!)..But I didn't inhale! heh heh!
I've also experimented from time to time with older/more obscure stuff like Cobol, Lisp, Fortran and Eiffel.

Then there's all the usual web-based stuff (html, javascript, php, perl), not to mention all of the nasty database stuff (Various SQL-like bits and pieces..yech!)....

Yup, I think I've definitely got a problem..But I guess actually admitting it is the first step!
But saying that...I don't see it as an addiction, more a collection...Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D

html

I thought we were talking about programming languages.

.NET is not a programming language. I'm not quite sure just what it is but its part of MS-Windows os. Maybe you mean c++/CLR??

Probably meant C# or VB.NET or C++/CLI (or F# or Boo or ...)

I thought we were talking about programming languages.

Aren't web languages also programming languages or do you disagree? My favourate desktop application languages include PHP-GTK, Java and GML (Gamemaker Language). On the web side of things my favourites are HTML, Javascript, Java, PHP and Ajax. My not so favourites but still can use are CSS and C++. If I for some reason had to decide only to use one of those languages it would be Java with the Netbeans compiler even though I'm best at PHP.

Aren't web languages also programming languages or do you disagree?

HTML is not a programming language and neither is AJAX or CSS.

> Aren't web languages also programming languages or do you disagree?

Though a majority of the developers out there regard HTML as a programming language, practically speaking, it isn't. It's a *markup* languauge.

BTW, it's Java and ActionScript for me ATM with a bit of Ruby thrown in here and there.

Though a majority of the developers out there regard HTML as a programming language,

What????? Maybe in bizarro world.

I speak C/C++, VB6.0, and some assembly.

I vote Java and C++

Other - TSQL
.NET C#
(I must look for a version of .NET Cobol - I liked cobol..)

Java (my fave), C# and C++, some VB.NET occasionally (but i don't like it).

first for basic planning i use c if it s oops based i use C++....

For complete development i Prefer Java n C#.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.