Hello...

I'm Krystle... New here obviously. I'm fairly young, but also very determined and strong-willed. If theres anything I can help you with, believe me, I'll do it. (if I'm capable)

I have a website called Elemental Distortion. It's mainly art promotion and sales. It's my first true attempt at building a company from the ground up, so I'm sure I'll be filling forums with questions and whatnot.

Any good pointers for a beginner?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You can´t start too young and you are very welcome here to fill the forums with what questions you need answered...

Thanks so much :) I figure, the younger you start, the quicker you get the mistakes out of the way. (people tend to be a bit more forgiving too sometimes)

Welcome ElementalDistor! I hope you have success in your present and future projects...

Welcome ElementalDistor! I hope you have success in your present and future projects...

Thank you!

Member Avatar for nicentral

Hello...
Any good pointers for a beginner?

First, this is a good place to start. User forums are generally good places to get information because you can easily ignore anyone that might give you a wise-ass answer, you just have to learn how to deal with "our kind" ;)

Second, try and involve yourself with as much as possible. Read as much as you can, and try out new things as much as you can. Unfortunately this comes at a cost. Most people that get involved so much do it at a price of losing their social skills, so hopefully you'll learn the balancing act ;)

Andy

First, this is a good place to start. User forums are generally good places to get information because you can easily ignore anyone that might give you a wise-ass answer, you just have to learn how to deal with "our kind" ;)

Second, try and involve yourself with as much as possible. Read as much as you can, and try out new things as much as you can. Unfortunately this comes at a cost. Most people that get involved so much do it at a price of losing their social skills, so hopefully you'll learn the balancing act ;)

Andy

I think that was pretty damn well-put!

Thanks hon!

Member Avatar for nicentral

No problem. That's what we're here for :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.