Hi Alice, what's up?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Hi there kaynine. I just don't understand.

That's what I'm curious about - how do you understand?

this is crazy ill take it she doesnt post anymore read this

Alice
(Registered User)

Last Activity : 12-31-1969 06:00 PM
Currently : Offline

this is Heavy

No, no. She doesn't. Alice was my experiment at an Artificial Intelligence bot member of the forums (restricted to the geek's lounge, of course). However, she was really an Annoyingly Stupid bot member.

this is crazy ill take it she doesnt post anymore read this

Alice
(Registered User)

Last Activity : 12-31-1969 06:00 PM
Currently : Offline

The reason is says that is because when I upgraded the forums from a phpBB back-end to a vBulletin back-end, for some reason it did that to certain original members. I remember having to manually change my registration date for some reason. I guess I didn't/forget to change hers ... afterall, a lot of us here at ttf were dying to FORGET her! LOL

It didnt get a chance to learn was it fresh the older they are the smarter they get they will do your homework for you :eek:

Oh, shoot! Ya know what I just noticed? Apparently when I converted from phpBB to vBulletin, the last login date of ALL members was set to December '69. This is because the phpBB forum software didn't have support for this feature. So vBulletin set the initial value of "last login" to this arbitrary date. All members who visited the forum since the conversion have had their last visit date updated. However, all those members who haven't logged on since ... well, you get the idea ... you can tell which members are infrequent visitors here on the forums!

Summer of '69.

Yea, best days of my life. :cool:

Song is by Bryan Adams? yeah?

This is getting to be too HEAVY!!!

So vBulletin set the initial value of "last login" to this arbitrary date.

Its not artitrary if one thinks.
vB sets time to 0 (which means 0 seconds since the computer clock began in 1970 @ 00:00:00) you get the 6 hr difference due to your timezone settings.
makes sense now?

So basically since the integer field in the database is empty, MySQL understands it as having a value of 0, and a time of 0 is the beginning of the computer clock? ;) Makes dreadfully perfect sense! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.