Hi everybody. I'm from Auckland New Zealand. This is a great forum and I'm looking forward to many hours of fun with it.

Say, could anyone tell me how I can add a signature to my posts? I've looked through all the options in the control panel but can't find a place where I can do it.

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Hey there Oscarr. Welcome to DaniWeb. To eliminate those fellas who just register on the forums to spam, there is a 10 post minimum before you can use a signature. It looks like you have two more posts to go. So once you post, you'll automatically gain the ability to create a signature in the Control Panel.

Welcome Oscarr, from the opposite side of the world...

No probs about the required posts.
I had a very rewarding evening last night reading many posts in the different forums. It certainly is the way the learn about things. Hey, it's amazing technology that we can communicate from one side of the world to another like this. Earlier this week, I worked with my friend in Montana updating her website. It was about 10.30pm where I was, and about 8am where she was I think. We were at our computers at the same time, and we were communicating almost in real time. We got a lot of work done on her website like that. I loved it, even though she gave me a couple of hours of hard work. Ecommerce has certainly made the world a lot smaller!

Oh no! Bloody Kiwis are infiltrating! Haka right back at you

:D

Hi Oscarr, and welcome to Daniweb. You'll find a few of us Downunder denizens here, cobber ;)

If you ever watch the talkback show Rove (we get it on Friday nights) you will see that the operative word is not 'Haka' but 'Whaka', pronounced 'Farka'. as Whakatane, Whakapapa, and Whakamoocow.

heh heh......

I suspect that we've now confused the hell out of half the population of the U.S.A.

:D

Well, that completes the job because I always thought that half the population of the USA were confused anyhow. Now that we have confused the other half, we have a completely confused nation now! HA HA HA!

Yeah, lucky the ANZUS Treaty still remians in force, eh? They'd be buggered otherwise.

But perhaps we shouldn't talk too loudly about that ANZUS Treaty:

Article I

The Parties undertake, as set forth in the Charter of the United Nations, to settle any international disputes in which they may be involved by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security and justice are not endangered and to refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force in any manner inconsistent with the purposes of the United Nations.

:lol::lol::lol:

I thought the ANZUS treaty had been buggered by David Lange putting the kybosh on US nuclear ships visiting NZ. Anyhow, we could send Alf's Imperial Army over to deal with any invaders on US soil.........

It's still in effect and New Zealand is still a signatory.

That debacle worked out well for Uncle S. anyway. He wanted to stop sending the boys in uniform to UnZud because they kept copping floggings when they tried sleeping around with Maori chicks!

Wait till Uncle starts getting his arse kicked in the Pacific again and he'll come running back. You'll see! :D

Talking about Maori chicks...Captain Cook had the same problem with his crew, except they kept reporting that the ones here in NuZild weren't as exciting and cooperative as the ones on other Pacific Islands.

I think that if the US of A had problems, the ambassador could come and consult with the Wizard of Christchurch who would probably give better advice than any of the politicans in the Beehive.

I think that we will have the locals REALLY confused now.

This is like listening to some alien dialect - of course, it´s no wonder - you guys are light years away from the mainstream out in downunderland...:D

Lightyears AHEAD that is :D

Lightyears AHEAD that is :D

One of my best friends owns one of the snmp companies out in California and he is from Melbourne. Since I met him about twenty years ago, I have learned about the prowess of Australian programmers and the learning programs there. So, I defer to your statement, Catweazle...

As fah as idioms go, we heah in tha deep south can understaund downunderese with no difficulty, since tha ac-ceunts are vere similah. Mah only problem is tha strange vocabulary that ya´ll ah utilizin´...

Its good to see that some parts of the USA are actually sane and normal people like us NuZilders. I love hearing the southern American accent. Thanks for your support buddy!

Wait till Uncle starts getting his arse kicked in the Pacific again and he'll come running back. You'll see! :D

Might be sooner than you think - if it appears we´re confused (in the ME) think about what might happen in the northern Pacific...

new zealand is actualy more ahead than most countries its first to see the sunrise. so its a day ahead for a few hours :mrgreen:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.