Before posting this i met my cousin.He is 40 or 45 and a skilled Programmer.Highly skilled and receives a big salary.But now he is full of problems family , health and he looks like an aged man ....He is going to office by the power of his health drink [ he has only a very few time to sleep ]

I have a doubt that is this fast growing technology is making us old more faster ??

Mother of my grandmother is died at 95 but my grandmother died at 65 and the difference is the first great lady never saw a doctor in her life and fully healthy but my grandmother is full of health problems and becoz that she died.

Not this case we can see many live examples .Including in our near society !! Busy life , no time to rest and relax ....
What do you think ?? Is technology [ i mean everything biological , IT , space everything ] are making us old and a person full of with problems ??
Can we live without cosmetics and health drinks ??

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

You're right! We should abandon all technology and go back to the stone-age!

I doubt having a good job related to technology is the reason for your cousin's health problems and physical appearance.

niek_e's sarcastic comment is right. Life expectancy is much higher today because of advances in technology.

Does your cousin ever go to the gym, do any sports, or keep himself active at all? That's the main problem, people submerge themself in technology so much that they do start to damage their own health. There's nothing wrong with technology, the problem is human fitness, everybody has time to stay healthy.

commented: corrrrect! +0

Technology and lack of physical exercise are the biggest contributors to why Americans are so fat. Just watch Biggest Loser and you will see men and women who weight 400+ lbs! Americans are so fat because they sit on their ass so much watching tv or playing on their computers. Kids today would rather sit by themselves for hours playing video games instead of outside socializing with other kids their own ages. And that makes them social misfits when they grow up.

commented: I think you are right +0

You're right! We should abandon all technology and go back to the stone-age!

Then what are we doing here??

commented: Hehe :) +0

Technology and lack of physical exercise are the biggest contributors to why Americans are so fat. Just watch Biggest Loser and you will see men and women who weight 400+ lbs! Americans are so fat because they sit on their ass so much watching tv or playing on their computers. Kids today would rather sit by themselves for hours playing video games instead of outside socializing with other kids their own ages. And that makes them social misfits when they grow up.

Yes i think i am agreeing with you that's the same reason in here ..near my town .. but why that attitude ??

And i am not arguing to go back to stone age ...It just something like debate ...may be ...
I am not talking about IT only , it includes everything from technology including biological .
But it is not true , technology never created bad thing to humans , Yes ???
What about nuclear bombs , biological weapons is that good ??
Serious health problems ...??

What about nuclear bombs

What about them? I thought the question was if it affects your health and how old you look, a bomb would just kill you. Besides, it's the people who fire them.

Technology, like a lot of things has it's advantages and disadvantages, but in this case it's simply outweighed. It also allows us to maintain our health too, imagine how many people would die if hospitals were inexistent.

You can give up all non-essential technology and become Amish if you like.

Hey, My Great Grandma died at 104, both my g-fathers died after 90, my dad died at age 25, my first child died at age 6 weeks, I am over 60 - there is no information in there to tell you much of anything about when I am expected to die.

When discussing population statistics, individuals do not mean very much. People often denigrate statistics as a way to lie but the real truths of the world are in statistics - it is only ignorance of statistics that cause problems.

Your cousin's 'individual' problem could range from 'he stubbed his toe on the way to work' to 'he was recently diagnosed with....' to 'he was up playing HalfLife until 4 in the morning'.

I have a doubt that is this fast growing technology is making us old more faster ??

I guess so!

And you know the stress is the first thing that get people becoming old! Let alone to say our bad living habits!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.