Hello All,

I definitely don't fit into the "geek" category yet. I'm a 45- year-old married female who, after being disillusioned at getting stuck in dead-end, low-paying secretarial jobs, decided to get an education to do something I can enjoy and make decent money doing.

I've always had a natural ability with computers and enjoy working with them. Because of that, I decided on web design for a number of reasons (besides enjoying working with computer): !) the web is not going away anytime soon, 2) I can do something that will involve creativity, 3) I can do something that will not require me to be present in a brick-and-mortar office (we live in a very remote area with not a whole lot of job opportunities).

I'm currently taking courses in web design and am in a programming course that's giving me a lot of difficulty, which is how I found this site.

I read the rules, so I'm not going to post my problems here, just wanted to let you know how I wound up here.

Audrey

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You gonna fit into the "geek" category one day, and welcome!

Well, I'm working on it, and thanks for the welcome.

This is a great forum to be a part of.
Have an enjoyable stay and stay active with us.

Thanks. I like what I've seen so far.

You will find out how awesome a site that u have found!
Enjoy the exploration!

Wanna join the Daniweb army to take over the universe? ( don't worry we're not using guns, just computers... ) Kidding!
^.^ welcome to Daniweb.com ^.^

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.