i have bought a computer which was pre-loaded with windows xp professional and have just tried to download windows sp2. the thing is telling me it doesn,t like my version of xp. something to do with the registration number of the product. I am at college and have very little money to go out and just buy a new off the shelf version of this software so what i,m asking is there anyway round this problem without resorting to cleaning the drive and buying new software. thanks spammie scotland. You can contact me at barneyman666@hotmail.co.uk

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello Spammie, you should ask your questions in the appropriate forum. Your question should go in Tech Talk > Microsoft Windows > Windows NT/2000/XP/2003.

sorry dont know way about yet cheers dave. how do i get it in appropriate place thanks

If you are on the main page you will see a link "Tech Talk" or if you are anywhere else the link is on the left side at top of the page. Then go to "Microsoft Windows" and then select "Windows NT/2000/XP/2003" because your question is about WinXP. You will eventually know the forums and find the right place to post.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.