Hi,

I have a question on writing a c++ program can anyone give me a hand?

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Hi,
I have a question on writing a c++ program can anyone give me a hand?

Don't you think the c++ forum would be a better place for your question?
We will be glad to help you if you show effort and don't expect us to do the whole program for you. By the way, next time you need help writing a program you may want to tell us what the actual problem is.

We will be glad to help you if you show effort and don't expect us to do the whole program for you. By the way, next time you need help writing a program you may want to tell us what the actual problem is.

no problem, first time on this site. I am new to c++ I am writing a switch and while program to tally up the total grades and find the average can you give me some direction

no problem, first time on this site. I am new to c++ I am writing a switch and while program to tally up the total grades and find the average can you give me some direction

Like I said you should probably post your question in the c++ forum. Create a new thread and post the code you have already tried. When you post code remember to use code tags. Showing effort is the most important thing when posting on Daniweb. No one will help you if you dont show that you have given considerable time and effort to your problem. Remember, we're not here to do your homework for you. Thanks.

I know, you already pointed that out in your previous post. Why don't you read my previous post again, and this time concentrate. ;)

i looked at your message you didn't show me any direction

Thats because you are in the wrong forum. Also I dont think a switch or while loop are effective ways of solving your problem. I'd use arrays and for loops.

Okay! Here is the direction. From this point >> * << Go straight up and stop when you see the text "Software Development". Since you have already traveled this far, you might be tired and maybe you need a break. Take a break and hover over it (the text "Software development"). You will see a drop down list. The first option you see is C++ forum. Come down a little and click on it. This will take you to C++ forum. When you are there, you can start a new thread and post your question (follow Grn Xtrm's guidelines while posting your question).
Clear enough ? :icon_rolleyes:

commented: Very clear, indeed. :) +0
commented: nice :) +0
commented: Haha :) +0
commented: nice. +0
can anyone give me a hand?

Sure:

Here's the C++ forum -> CLICK

commented: Nice! +0
commented: cool! +0

I am glad the OP didn't ask for a particular hand.:)
This thread is starting to get funny and belongs into the Geek's Lounge!

Just in case ...

Directions
1 the act of directing; management; supervision
2 [usually pl.] instructions for doing, operating, using, preparing, etc.
3 an authoritative order or command
4 the point toward which something faces or the line along which something moves or lies “north,” “up,” “forward,” and “left” are directions"
5 an aspect, line of development, way, trend, etc.

So my direction:
Use a Standard Template Library (STL) vector.

Like been said go to the C++ forum. Its as simple as it can get.

Kindly go to the C++ forum.

Kindly go to the C++ forum.

I went to the C++ forum, but nothing happened. :)

commented: :) +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.