Hi All,

I guess, at least according to my welcoming pm, I should introduce myself.

I am very new to web development, I have used access and have been very active on an access forum since June.

I am now trying to branch out from Access into other things, and have just started to learn PHP, HTML, Javascript, and SQL. My hope in learning this is to benefit the company I work for in redesigning a database we currently have in Access to SQl server, as it is more flexible.

It is a lot to take in, so joining a forum is one of the best tools I've found in learning, even if all you do is read other peoples questions and answers.

Anyway some things about me:

I am not yet 30 (If any of you have ever seen the A&E version of Pride and Prjudice then you get the meaning of my phrasing :) )

I live in Texas

I enjoy guitars, music, movies and am hopelessly addicted to facebook.

I am not sure what else to put, but I hope to learn a lot here, and while I am learning maybe help, even though I know at the beginning it won't be much.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Welcome!

Hope you enjoy the site.

P.S you know you can link an access frontend (forms, reports etc...) to an MS-SQL backend (tables, queries) ?

I did, thank you, my coworker is really pushing me to learn php and javascript etc.... I think so that he can have my help later, as he is overwhelmed and we are shortstaffed currently... But I don't mind really, I enjoy learning. I haven't had time to peruse the sight yet, as work has been busy, but am excited about the possiblity when I finally have time.

p.s. When should I mark this thread as solved? It's not a question..... :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.