What exactly is the section where i can ask for help in creating a bot?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What kind of 'bot'? I hope you're not talking about spam and/or viruses. That would make me very unhappy with you :icon_frown:

What kind of 'bot'? I hope you're not talking about spam and/or viruses. That would make me very unhappy with you :icon_frown:

No! No! Its just an experiment. I want a bot which enters "0001" in google search text box, then "0002", Then "0003" to "9999" with some time difference. Is that a spam/virus bot?

No! No! Its just an experiment. I want a bot which enters "0001" in google search text box, then "0002", Then "0003" to "9999" with some time difference. Is that a spam/virus bot?

PHP would be the section if you have a webserver with php installed. Also google has their own api's for this kind of stuff so it is possible to do in a number of languages. If you plan to write it in PHP then post a topic in the PHP section and pm me the link.

If your not sure what PHP is well it's basically a language to write webpages or tell a server what to do and has many features including bot making.

and if you are interested in what that would look like, check out TrackMeNot - it is an add-on that does random searches on the various search engines. I have mine query 1 per minute; it has a range of 10 per minute to 1 per hour. It even keeps a time-stamped log of queries.

Its stated purpose is to confound activity trackers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.