If yu wer strnded in a is_land ten wat wud u brin , u gt at mst fiv tings and no triky buzzness, understand?

I would bring (1)Angelina Jolie, then my (2)laptop (with infinite battery life,
that catches wifi from earth to outerspace), a (3)knife, an a (4)manual on
how to survive if you are stranded in an island.

ow bout yu?

Will Gresham commented: Learn to speak English, and post in the correct forums +0
nav33n commented: Member rules: We strive to be a community geared towards the professional. We strongly encourage all posts to be in full-sentence English. Please do not use "leet" speak or "chatroom" speak. +0
Ancient Dragon commented: Unreadable. Write in standard English sentences. +0
jephthah commented: here. have some more. +0

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Is it "backflip"?

I would bring my Hofner bass, my laptop (also with infinite battery, because that's possible ;) ) , my iPod (I guess that needs infinte battery life as well) and my cell phone with... you guessed it infinite battery life ;)

A boat so i could leave?

I would bring my Hofner bass

Nice. How long you been playing?

Out of curiosity firstPerson, how blitzed were you when you posted this?

To your question:

1. My steel-toe boots
  2. Lots of thick socks, and some underwear
  3. Baby powder(keep those socks dry)
  4. Detergent(wash those socks)
  5. Lots of synthetic rope and string
  6. Stuff for a distillery
  7. Cannabis, potatoes, tobacco, Papaver somniferum and corn seeds
  8. Salt
  9. Empty glass jars with lids
  10. Leather Man Wave utility knife
  11. "Survival" knife
  12. SwedishSteel for instant fires
  13. Peanut lighter
  14. SU-16CA or Henry AR-7 or M6 Scout rifle
  15. Stockpile of ammunition and magazines for above rifle

Depending on island size, I could live happily.

Lots of synthetic rope and string

Para-Cord is probably what i would pack as well. Can be used for just about anything - net, washing line, laces, climbing etc...

1) a piano
2) a dope of painless poison

Oh, I forgot modern metal fishing hooks, ones you make won't be as effective or lasting.

Few other things would a backpack to carry it all, a roll of 3M duct tape, water proof zip baggies to store things in, some garbage bags for just about anything you might imagine, oil/cleaning kit for the rifle or other metal stuff(unless you do it the Soviet way and dip it all in a vat of cosmoline).

I would bring a nuclear reactor to build a power plant, and a swiss army knife, a few straws, an empty one Liter bottle, a Tent, a large cooking Knife, large quantities of flint, 3 First aid kits and all my computers with a satellite internet connection.

Since I have seen how Macgyver manages in the Jungle, it is possible to find a narrow stream of fresh water then place the straw on the stream with the other end of the straw containing the bottle. That would keep my water supply and as for food, I would make traps from plants in the forest such as digging a hole then placing large pillars/leaves over the whole so that animals will become trap where I can feed on them. Then Also after cutting up the animals, the flint can be used to make fire then the animals can rotate on a stick above the fire to cook.
The swiss army knife can be used for a variety of things such as cutting small leaves or even dissecting useless animal parts in my free time. The first aid kits can be used for both first aid and for things like if the tent needs repairing. So that is how I would survive.

Nice. How long you been playing?

I just got my Hofner about a month ago, but I've been playing bass on and off for about 10 years. In recent years, its been only on. And now with the formation of my new band, I'm more determined than ever to practice everyday. Currently I am learning Hysteria by Muse, just to show you where my skill level is at ;) Not to brag or anything. :D
What about you, how long have you been playing jbennet?

On and off for about 3 or 4 years. Had a vintage shergold which i loved but that died so now ive got some korean thing (which actually is surprisingly great!)

I'd bring Dani, the cscgal.

Well, after reading all these posts I think I will bring Seattle with me or a cigarette boat with enough fuel to get back to land.

On and off for about 3 or 4 years. Had a vintage shergold which i loved but that died so now ive got some korean thing (which actually is surprisingly great!)

Yeah my Hofner is actually a cheap Chinese model, but also plays quite nicely. Somewhere down the road I want to buy a Rickenbacker 4003 bass. The only problem is that it costs $2000. That's alot of cash for something I don't really need. But I can still dream... ;)

Yeah my Hofner is actually a cheap Chinese model, but also plays quite nicely. Somewhere down the road I want to buy a Rickenbacker 4003 bass. The only problem is that it costs $2000. That's alot of cash for something I don't really need. But I can still dream... ;)

Here is a few pics

The green one is the new one, the other one is the old Shergold.

From stranded island to hofner, cool!

I would take my bass, its amp, and some way to power it to the island

I would take my bass, its amp, and some way to power it to the island

What if to power it you took a nuclear reactor then you could pump the excess power to India where you will receive lots of cash. Then if you had a computer with satellite Internet you could buy whatever you want on ebay and possibly buy a ship to sail away from the island. lol

Yeah but i dont want to pollute the islands water supply, plus i would need a boat to come and deliver fuel for it.

Yeah but i dont want to pollute the islands water supply, plus i would need a boat to come and deliver fuel for it.

Then maybe an electric windmill farm and solar panel farm. Their both environmentally friendly and you would be kept busy maintaining the turbines.

Yeah, i could use a conventional windmill to mill corn and pump water as well as turn a dynamo for the amp and some lighting and a radio.

Here is a few pics
The green one is the new one, the other one is the old Shergold.

Those are both pretty nice. Of course I can't really judge the, without hearing how they sound. Have you made any videos and posted them, say on Facebook? If yes, let me know. I'd love to hear you play.
Sorry, to get off topic like this... ;)
But I'd also bring my amp and my Overdrive pedal, along with two cables.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.