655,007 members | 36 currently online !

a little one sided

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

Yeah i must admit i have noticed that number always seems to look a little low recently

:p I'm wondering the same

I'll tell ya where I have gone when I'm not online - to work and to sleep... Next!

Not to be repeating myself. . but call of duty came out recently. .

Not to be repeating myself. . but call of duty came out recently. .

I suppose that means playing a game is more important than doing homework.

Well its school time so some might not have time.

Its nearly always 30-65, the higher number being in the 10pm-5am period for me (GMT), which i guess is when India and the USA are awake?

The number now only represents "registered members". In the past non-registered users also added to this number (like google-crawlers etc).
The difference is this:
In the past the line meant "655,245 members. 2000 random connections are currently online"
Now the line means "655,245 members. 20 of these members are currently online"
So it's a bit less misleading information now :)

I agree. It "feels" much quiter than normal. Not so many questions get posted as normal. I miss my challenge to try and answer those questions.

mmmmmmm. Maybe holidays started earlier....

The number now only represents "registered members". In the past non-registered users also added to this number (like google-crawlers etc).
The difference is this:
In the past the line meant "655,245 members. 2000 random connections are currently online"
Now the line means "655,245 members. 20 of these members are currently online"
So it's a bit less misleading information now :)

that explains the low number ,i knew it always use to be around 2000 .but having said that i also agree with AndreRet

I agree. It "feels" much quiter than normal. Not so many questions get posted as normal. I miss my challenge to try and answer those questions.

mmmmmmm. Maybe holidays started earlier....

I agree because I used to solve questions like crazy in the php forum but now there are fewer questions that are not already solved by another member. I hope this doesn't spell the beginning of the end of daniweb. That would be very bad. :(

I agree because I used to solve questions like crazy in the php forum but now there are fewer questions that are not already solved by another member.

Hmm.. Maybe recession is a factor too. :)

I think the number of active users has always been fairly low, for example at the moment the only people I see regularly in the list are:

Most of the rest will ask their question, and never come back. Some may return a few more times, but very few actually stay.

And yep, call of duty's been released :icon_cheesygrin:

There's allot of games and toys being released right now for the holidays.

Me I'm busy playing the classic 1998, balls-to-the-wall, Lovecraftian horror/sci-fi game Half-Life; finished the end last evening after putting it aside for awhile, and the end in the other dimension/planet/whatever is just "fuuuuuuuuuuu.... 0.0 *mindblown*." So I have to play it again.

the only people i see regularly in the list are:
[attach]12639[/attach]

I see myself in there!!! ;)

Sports on TV must make quite a dent.

I see myself in there!!! ;)

I know! Im there too, i feel quite privileged :)

Over here is exam period for all the Uni students, so a dent there in free time for them.

Over here is exam period for all the Uni students, so a dent there in free time for them.

yeah thats why ive not been very active

I'm leaving Daniweb.

I'm leaving Daniweb.

no,no please don't go ,youve been her so long lol,
no really so tell us why

He may have joined some time ago, but given the post-rate, I'd say he hasn't actually been here for most of that time.

He may have joined some time ago, but given the post-rate, I'd say he hasn't actually been here for most of that time.

actually now that you mention it ,it shows our join dated ,theirs was Oct 07 ,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.