This morning I woke up and went to my computer like normal and saw a boolean message saying my harddrive has limited space. So I went to the Windows Explorer and check drive C properties and it said I had zero bytes of free space. I thought ok, maybe I have a virus or that dehashing table cron job might have a slight effect on it. So I tried a virus scan and there wasn't enough free space to do a virus scan. So to gain some space I emptied the mysql dehashing database as it could easily be repopulated and my computer froze for a little while. After that my computer started responding and I check the free space on my computer then suddenly I had 116GB of free space. This database was just for a reverse lookup of hashes that has been populating 24/7. Didn't realize it would populate so fast as I only want to upload 25GB of that database. The rest was there for nothing. Now I can use the computer like normal and I learnt the hard way I need to have a space validator on my script.

Thought I would share this story just like the one where a person put their credit card in a floppy drive to make a payment.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Yeah i had an infinate loop in my java program i wrote which which screwed up and wrote a text file into every folder on my filesystem. Fun times.

Yeah i had an infinate loop in my java program i wrote which which screwed up and wrote a text file into every folder on my filesystem. Fun times.

hahaha

Thought I would share this story just like the one where a person put their credit card in a floppy drive to make a payment.

That is the best I have heard since a person had to be told not to use his CD drive as a coffee cup holder.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.