Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

He must have good parents.

Thats no joke. I just saw the coverage on FOX news via sheppo

Thats no joke. I just saw the coverage on FOX news via sheppo

Sheppo? You mean: [img]http://www.foxnews.com/images/1354/8_42_100_bio_shepardsmith.jpg[/img]

Out of all news channels, they're the best I think. Gotta give it to O'Reilly for winning me over. Don't mind getting hanitized once in a while too. They got the best info babes there too. Laurie Dhue, Kiran Chetry, the Skinster. Growl. What's this guy looking at: [img]http://a.1asphost.com/mikky/dari_080603_003.jpg[/img]

commented: You got that right. If you want a liberal based channel go to CNN/MSNBC(except for Scarbrough country)or CNN. Yeah all the girls are the best. +29

Wow, I'd never imagine something like that to happen before :p

There is another guy that does that more them him. Hes on fox and friends sometimes. Oreilly he was great during and after the bush election and after 911. But now he swings to left for me now. I mostly watch Hannity & Colmes now.

You know Im really having fun watching this Iowa caucus debate. These libreals dont even know what they're fighting for now days. That party is a joke serioulsy! And where the hell has tom Daschle been lately? With all his economy & Iraq speeches, now that communist really is a joke.
Anyway, read it and weep liberals. BUSH/CHENNEY 2004 ........baby wooooooooooooo

in another 10 years they will be wishing they had of left him there

Another guy? Could you blame him?

I remember Oreilly stating his father made about 30K in his time and how borderline poor he was. Too bad that converts to about 80K in today's time. Yeah... 80K... poverty.... I don't think so. Used to like him but now he has joined the ranks of the great hosts-found-out-to-be-hypocrites catagory.

Should they be held up to higher standards? Yes, if they can't back what they say, they need to shut up and get off the radio/television. Doesn't matter what party line they come from.

Fox news is clearly on the side of the Republican party (thank you MoveOn.org for launching "Fox Watch" group to "chart this alarming disintegration of journalistic standards.").

Here is the greatest part. I turn on Fox News. What do I see? A police chase of a car for a half an hour. "This is late breaking news". "Geez, is this guy stupid or what?" "Wow he should really be 'enforced', I can't wait to see what happens". Sorry, but anchors grabbing their popcorn and watching a made-for-tv Faces of Death just does not do it for me.

Nothing against the republican party, but if I where going to have a news station swing in my favor (not like there are many that are not biased anyway) I sure would not want it to be Fox.

But hannity & colmes is fair and balanced.

MoveOn.org

Now thats a communist place!!!

I wouldnt mind if someone were to start a thread in polotics! I can go all night long on this country and its left wing radicals.

I remember Oreilly stating his father made about 30K in his time and how borderline poor he was. Too bad that converts to about 80K in today's time. Yeah... 80K... poverty.... I don't think so. Used to like him but now he has joined the ranks of the great hosts-found-out-to-be-hypocrites catagory.

Every person is a hypocrite to some extend. There's not at least one political analyst on any news channels that isn't a hypocrite. If they're not a hypocrite, they tend to ignore the topic, that way they're safe politically. To me that's pretty pathetic. Even more pathetic is dodging the question, where they go on and on about nothing. Bunch of cowards. This really irritates.

I don't see any of these problems with O'Reilly or Hannity and Colmes (I agree more with Hannity than Colmes by the way). True that I don't agree with Bill on all topics, but he's the only person that can really interrogate these high class posers who all they want is more power. In my opinion, his ideas are more down to earth than any other newscaster and so is his attitude. He covers a lot of issues that I'm interested in hearing and I agree with a lot of what he says. He's not like Larry King who let's his guest practically say whatever they want and give a wrong interpretation of himself, or an overzealous hothead like Al Franken, who's too preoccupied hating O'Reilly and Hannity. Seriously, I can't hear Franken give his opinions without the name O'Reilly and how much of a "fuc*ing as*hole" he is. He even said this on TV and had to be bleeped for his language. Even better, he dedicated a book to just this.

Should they be held up to higher standards? Yes, if they can't back what they say, they need to shut up and get off the radio/television.

Then political analysts would be out of a job. No one can back up everything they say 100%. No matter what analyst you favor, I can find at least 10 flaws in him. It's all a matter of opinion. I'd like to just say "keep it to yourself and just respect other people's opinions" but here's the strange part: the people where I see the most hatred from are the people that don't agree with O'Reilly and the Fox News Channel. I know a lot of people who watch Fox and no where have I seen any sign of hatred of other people just because they watch another news channel. To me it's rude, pathetic, and a waste of time. But what do I see more? I go to my university, to the mall, or to the park and see "O'Reilly is the Devil," "Fox News is Hell," signs on posts and boards. This is disgusting propaganda. To me it's pretty funny. People like that watching a news channel thinking they're getting a clean, non-hypocrital view on society. So what do they do? Start putting up signs about the views and opinions of a news channel? So you watch a news channel about non-hypocrasy and yet act like a hypocrite? Pathetic. That's insulting to the news channel and all viewers who support them, which is a lot.

So what's better than being a hypocrite? The only thing would be shutting your mouth because there's always going to be people that disagree with you and whose soul purpose is to destroy your image just because you disagree with them. What a shame. I guess the people that know about "Freedom of Speech" are glad there's not such thing as "Respect of Speech."

Fox news is clearly on the side of the Republican party (thank you MoveOn.org for launching "Fox Watch" group to "chart this alarming disintegration of journalistic standards.").

Clearly by your eyes. Not everyone on the planet has your eyes though, so it's only your view. I have heard both, that they are Republican and Democratic. I'm not worried though because they cover news from both channels. Also, I don't care what stats exist out there because I know that stats can be biased to suit any view desired. This I know from the IT world, and it's the same in the political world. In my opinion anyways.

Here is the greatest part. I turn on Fox News. What do I see? A police chase of a car for a half an hour. "This is late breaking news". "Geez, is this guy stupid or what?" "Wow he should really be 'enforced', I can't wait to see what happens".

How often do you watch it? I watch the Fox News Channel about 5 hours a day, and I don't agree with you. I see the same stupid coverage of news in every channel from time to time and just because I see that, I'm not going to demean them. Just because I flip to CNN and all I hear is stuff about Britney Spears's divorce, I'm not going to call them an entertainment channel like E!.

Ok, end of rant. ;)

I hope no one takes offense by what I said. A difference in political views is always one of the first ways to get into an argument. :cool:

I wouldnt mind if someone were to start a thread in polotics! I can go all night long on this country and its left wing radicals.

I'm sure you could, but personally, in my opinion, it'd be a waste of time. The people who engage in them are smart enough to never change their views no matter what you say to them. I guess if you want to see who agrees with you and who doesn't, go for it. Also, if you want to get posts, then you can do it, but it's not really going to contribute to this techforum. I've heard just about every view and idea for current events, just in different words that I have no interest. I could go as far as two posts, but that's it because it'll revolve around the same thing. The only thing that changes is frustration.

Oh yeah, and this is a tech forum, which is another reason why I'm not going to spend too much time on it. :cool:

I was just about to say this is constructive debating the word arguement is all in your head. When I read this I picture the back of a $2 bill. With all the old school democrats/republicans speaking in HIGH educated english.

See democrats back in the day would slap around liberals of our time. The dems of the olday are what I would call soft republicans of today.............................***********Houston we have highjacked this thread...over **********

today. Now with that said last time I checked I can only remember one republican channel on the news and 4-5 liberal new channels CNN, CSPAN ,HeadlineNews(rudi bachtiar HOTT!!!)MSNBC, BBS, channle 3.

And your right most BB's are full of liberals beleive me Ive been in the trenches before Ive taken on more than 12 different idiotic liberal/punk/ska/anti-christ/radical/anarchist.............The bottom line is its all what you believe and if you belevie everything in the media your an idiot. Now I dont make judgement on things I know half about like WMD's in Iraq because this admin is only going to tell you what you need to know. If they shared everything with the US and world everyone would shut their mouths pretty quick.

No offense taken. Glad to hear your opinion.

If your going to put yourself in a public eye, yes you are on higher standards. Does this mean they should shut their mouth or actually be honest? I think so. Does that mean there may be a lot of people that need to do that? Probably.

I don't think accepting the system 'as is' with hypocrites running the show is acceptable. Keep in mind I have not said anything about 'those right wingers' or 'those left wingers'. I heard Rush spewing off about how he doesn't agree with a lot of the domestic spending issues this administration has done. He then went on to list things he doesn't agree with and said "But who ya gonna vote for, might as well be Republican". Yeah, thats what I'm gonna do, say "I can't beat the system, so I better act stupid and give in". Sorry but I dont give a crap about right this or left that. Every person who attacks 'the other side' just because its the other side always has flaws in their argument, and the argument always gets ugly.

My conclusion:

See past party lines, extremism, and actually look for a little honesty in these people (hosts, anchors, etc) who present the information to you, and not just if they are 'on your side' of the fence. If you don't find honesty in them, and you can see their hidden agenda, then be honest about it. What a suprise, there is a crapload of those people. After all, if someone off the street where to act that way (the way many of the public figures do), and you had no idea what side they where on, you would probably nod your head and go 'wow, now THAT guys crazy'.

Side note: I heard someone once say to me "Well, if you don't vote your giving your vote for the opposition". Just wanted to say thats the worst load of crap I have ever heard. I vote, but I know people who don't and fully understand why they don't. Some people really don't want to vote if there isn't someone they can back 100%.

...and no I don't like Franken either

Ahhh thats as civil as it gets folks. But you cant blame the guy for looking nor can you blame the kid for playing.

My apologies to anyone I offended, that was not my goal.

Everything went cherry in my book. The only time I really get offended is when some disrespects my home land especially someone who doesnt live here.

Hi CSCgal

R u working with CSC?

Cheers

Hi CSCgal

R u working with CSC?

Cheers

Ahh, I see you're contributing to our political conversation. Good for you! :cool: Oh, fsn, I heard've heard that same line before. Same type of people like that that want to wipe out Christianity all together from this country. Seriously. Every week is something new. It's just disturbing. I'm sure you guys know what cases I'm talking about. The removal of the 10 Commandments monument in Alabama's courthouse, banning the word "God" from the pledge of allegience (or not saying all together), removing any reference to Christianity in Christmas, people getting offended when others wear a necklace with a cross, or when they say "God be with you" or "God bless you." Serious, it's absurd.

I have been on the fence about that issue with the judge, with regards to if the decision was right that the court made. I have to say, decision aside, I applaud that judge for sticking by his guns. He was willing to lose it all over what he believed in, and not just go half way and give up what he felt was his right.

As for the decision... last I checked there are still quite a few little statues in Chineese resteraunts and other figureheads/religous imaging available in plenty of other areas where people work. Also, last I checked I know plenty of people that have the cross up at their City jobs, I also know some people with a Buddah who work for the State. So it would seem to me the court decided to isolate this one representation of Christianity because it was 'causing the most uproar'. Seems unfair, unbalanced, and it seems to me like they are being hypocrites and I hope they come to their senses before they screw things up worse.

Thinking about it...if it was another religon...would there have been such an uproar? Either way I think that man deserves the right to have the 10 commandments or whatever religous image he wants in his courtroom. Logic would tell me that someone following the 10 commandments might actually be attempting to be a stand up individual in society, and that they are proud of it. The country is not in such a good state where the courts can waste time twisting positive things such as the 10 commandments into negative simply to cator to someone reaching in their pocket with a wad of cash IMO.

ACLU/RainBow coalition... dont even get me started on those anti-christ. They only bogg down the court systems with worthless pu**y lawsuits.

BIG "B", your new avatar just made me pull out my wallet and murmer 'dont hurt me I have kids' ;-)

I didn't know you were a BSD user. Seriously, BSD sounds like a drug. "He just overdosed on some BSD."

I use it for my server. My friend has had his BSD server uptime over 6 months without reboot.
He was talking about another avatar.
But yeah BSD that sounds like a designer drug you would get at a rave.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.