I am a trainee in a company as IT Analyst ,i would like to know more about IT field. Which is the main sector on which i should more concentrate as Servers, Web Designing OR Programming .

I am much familiar with ASP, html ,Windows Server 2008 and Learning SQL Server 2008 database .But i won't say i am a Genius .Please suggest me ,Which could be a good start. I don't wana go for IT jobs ,i need to start my own business in this field, Is it a good idea or not ? please suggest this aswell

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I am a trainee in a company as IT Analyst ,i would like to know more about IT field. Which is the main sector on which i should more concentrate as Servers, Web Designing OR Programming .

I am much familiar with ASP, html ,Windows Server 2008 and Learning SQL Server 2008 database .But i won't say i am a Genius .Please suggest me ,Which could be a good start. I don't wana go for IT jobs ,i need to start my own business in this field, Is it a good idea or not ? please suggest this aswell

Well, since you mentioned ANALYST, that job description has nothing to do with programming whatsoever. What you need to know is networking, windows or linux for servers, active directory, hardware (maintenance, repairing, upgrading, ...), basicly everything that has to do with all the computers in a network or a workgroup.

By fluke, I got into IT Analytics with some basic datawarehousing knowledge and SQL coding.

Please please tell me, how to get back in, I come from a business background and I don't have the most supportive environment around me.

I have come to this forum hoping I would get support from pro IT forum participants, which will help me deal with idiots who don't know anything about it.

Thanks!
Su

Its great to hear about your qualification's and skills. By the way have you heard about Cloud Computing Conference 2009 which is the 1st world's largest Conference on Cloud Computing and its innovations. I got a good opportunity to meet and talk with the world's leading experts of cloud computing and also gathered useful information's about the Computing Industry. That was my first experience which helped me to know more about the IT and computing Industry. I hope the conference will provide you a good chance to gather information's which would be more useful for your career.

hey you can do by freelancing..

Very good idea bro you can start any time your own business

You can concetrate on programming this is my best suggestion for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.