Hello Everyone:

I just joined DaniWeb, and wanted to learn more about this community and why so many of you enjoyed it.

Can any of you share your DaniWeb experience and tell us why you would recommend DaniWeb to others?

Thanks!
Rosetta :)

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi Rosette, welcome to the site :)

Can any of you share your DaniWeb experience

Hmm, let's see... for me it began about a year and a half ago, when I was drugged and kidnapped in the middle of the night by Dani, our site admin and all-around Forum Goddess.

When I awoke the next day (still a bit groggy, I might add), I found that the word "Moderator" had been tatooed on my forehead, and that my Private Messages box was overflowing with requests from members who needed me to help them decipher very strange and cryptic documents which they referred to as "HijackThis logs".

The rest is more than a bit of blur, but I still have a faint, lingering recollection of the possibility that I actually did have a "real life" before all of this happened...

But seriously:

and tell us why you would recommend DaniWeb to others?

Many reasons really, but here's my summary:

On the technical side-

We cover a relatively wide range of computer-related topics here, and even though we're only a mid-sized support site, we have some very knowledgeable and helpful members here whose skillsets cover that range.
Those of us who volunteer our time here as troubleshooters are pretty dedicated as well; we try to stick with the threads we've offered help in until the members' problems get resolved. For example: many of us are working from different locations around the world, and if it comes time for one of us to log off for the day, it isn't uncommon at all for us to contact another member in a different time zone and ask them to follow up on troubleshoots we've been working on until we can get back. (There's also the added "Plus" of the fact that some of us don't even sleep, so we're almost always available... :D ).

On the personal side-

We're a community, and regardless of how much our member base may grow (and it already has- we had less than 5,000 members when I joined), we want it to stay that way. We want each member to feel comfortable here, and we try our best to make sure that each member gets the help they need.

Welcome to DaniWeb :cool:

Welcome Rosetta!

Before March 2005 I was mostly using this site as a reference for various computer topics. It's more fun when you get involved though. Since I registered I try to help anyone with topics I'm familiar with and ask for help. Everyone likes to learn something every day. At least I do ;).

You can basically ask anything here. If you have an off topic question you can ask it in the Geek's Lounge. All in all, It's just fun and informative. Also, the design makes the navigation so easy. I think the site is very well organised.

Its true eh DMR? The member base grows real fast. In the last three months there were about 3000 new members. It would be 12000 a year, not bad!

Belama I can see what you mean. Daniweb is fun and informative. I do not know much beyond the scope of my work about computers, but I know I will learn a lot surfing through this community. (I will add my two cents in places I know about as well).

Thank you all for responding to this post and I look forward to reading more about Daniweb from others.

Welcome Rosetta!

Before March 2005 I was mostly using this site as a reference for various computer topics. It's more fun when you get involved though. Since I registered I try to help anyone with topics I'm familiar with and ask for help. Everyone likes to learn something every day. At least I do ;).

You can basically ask anything here. If you have an off topic question you can ask it in the Geek's Lounge. All in all, It's just fun and informative. Also, the design makes the navigation so easy. I think the site is very well organised.

Its true eh DMR? The member base grows real fast. In the last three months there were about 3000 new members. It would be 12000 a year, not bad!

:D

Hi Rosetta!

Nice to have you here :)

Why, Introducing yourself is what Tiggers do the best!

...oops, wrong topic, I need the RI topic

*runs away*

*runs away*

You mean *bounces* away, right? Tiggers tails are made of the spring, after all...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.