Hello,
In order to save shipping money from the US to Kuwait, it would be a lot better if my purchased items are sent as one package.

Is there a way in Amazon.com to allow me to put different books from the same seller in one package? Even if each book has its own shipping price, I wish to have them all bundled in one package to avoid unnecessary weight charges.

I understand there is an Amazon cart, but what I want to have is the ability to put my items from the same seller in one postal package.

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Voulnet

I'm not sure if you understand my problem.

I want to order more than one item (books), but to have it shipped to Kuwait, I need to pay for shipping costs based on a weight method.

The weight method is such that it is charges an amount for the first half kilogram, then increments a constant cheaper amount for every subsequent half kilo.

It is more profitable (A lot more, actually, almost doubling the costs) for the shipping company to separate each book as a standalone item, so that it can get the expensive first half kilo on ALL of the books.

If, however, I can get the books to be delivered from the Amazon seller as one atomic package (which the shipping company cannot open), then I will pay for the 1st half kilo price only once and just pay the remaining weight in a much cheaper price.

Keep in mind that the shipping price can sometimes be more expensive than the item itself, so it would be very convenient if I can just put all of the books (at least from the same seller!) in one package.

Edited by Voulnet: n/a

When I worked in Kuwait my employer had a really good deal with FEDEX and so I used this to import goods. It was much cheaper than using the vendors shipping arrangement. So what I (a Brit) did was buy and ship to a friend in the UK and got FEDEX under the Kuwaiti company contract to pick it up. I would then refund the company - 2.5 KD per package I think it was. The postal system in K is hopeless!

When I worked in Kuwait my employer had a really good deal with FEDEX and so I used this to import goods. It was much cheaper than using the vendors shipping arrangement. So what I (a Brit) did was buy and ship to a friend in the UK and got FEDEX under the Kuwaiti company contract to pick it up. I would then refund the company - 2.5 KD per package I think it was. The postal system in K is hopeless!

Man, 2.5 KD per package, that is nice!
Yes, I agree. The postal system here is hopeless. The official postal system by the government is great and free, however many vendors worldwide do not ship to Kuwait; that's why we have to resort to shipping companies. The shipping companies themselves do not have any serious competition to their business model and so they are casting a monopoly between themselves while keeping the customers out of the circle.

If you live in the USA why not have everything shipped from amazon to your house, then you bundle all the books up and ship them to K however you wish. Everything from Amazon may or may not be shipped at the same time.

I am a Kuwaiti living in Kuwait, so that is not an option.

To tell the truth, the reason I opened this thread is to confirm or deny a rumor I heard that there is a 'package' feature in Amazon with which you can have all the items bought from the same seller bundled in one 'atomic' package. I searched Amazon and couldn't find it.

So did anyone hear about such feature or is it just a myth?

Edited by Voulnet: n/a

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.