hey i have a project for school in history were we have to present something about an event that changed history, what is a good topic that deals with computers that had a really big impact on comoputers and history in general.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Internet :)

lol, i need something a little more specific then just the internet, do u know how long it would take me to present a project on the history of internet, i only have 5 minutes to talk and i know way too much stuff i would deff digress like every 2 secs into something else.

The development of UCSD Pascal and multi platform compilers...

Lifting the limitations of hardware specific programming ...

lol, i need something a little more specific then just the internet, do u know how long it would take me to present a project on the history of internet, i only have 5 minutes to talk and i know way too much stuff i would deff digress like every 2 secs into something else.

You didn't mention that before :)

How about 'Who invented the internet?' Hint: it was not Al Gore.

But trying to answer that one could take more then 5 minutes; a better choice might be 'Who invented the World Wide Web?' -- you should be able to get a short presentation from that.

You didn't mention that before :)

How about 'Who invented the internet?' Hint: it was not Al Gore.

I invented the internet.

Anyways, the internet started out as some military experiment and now is an everday lifestyle, so that's what I would choose. Of course there is the invention of the computer.

Babbage.. Google it ;)

from tubes to integrated circuits, none of this would exist without them...

First was the abacus...:)

hey i have a project for school in history were we have to present something about an event that changed history, what is a good topic that deals with computers that had a really big impact on comoputers and history in general.

Hay mike,
Try doing your project on Unix or the first open source software that was ever made. Don't do it on Microsoft!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any way what year are you in?

Hope you give this idea a try!
Croft .L

i am a sophmore, and unix isnt a bad idea i will have to check with my group, thanks guys with all ur help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.