I'm just about to start college this Fall and Computer Science was always on my mind as a major, but in the back of my head I had been thinking of getting some type of Hybrid Bachelor's in Computer Science and Business. I have been reading all these IT magazines I get and that seems to be what businesses are looking for. The thing is I've Googled it and have yet to find any decent truly integrated Computer Science and business major, in the U.S. at least, I found one in the U.K. though:) I have come up with mostly a Bachelor's in Applied Technology and more of the same. I'm just wondering who here is in the process of completing or has completed the degree plan I'm looking for? If so, where did you do to school? Anything would be greatly appreciated, I live in Texas, and I've yet to find anything. Thanks again.

I'm just about to start college this Fall and Computer Science was always on my mind as a major, but in the back of my head I had been thinking of getting some type of Hybrid Bachelor's in Computer Science and Business. I have been reading all these IT magazines I get and that seems to be what businesses are looking for. The thing is I've Googled it and have yet to find any decent truly integrated Computer Science and business major, in the U.S. at least, I found one in the U.K. though:) I have come up with mostly a Bachelor's in Applied Technology and more of the same. I'm just wondering who here is in the process of completing or has completed the degree plan I'm looking for? If so, where did you do to school? Anything would be greatly appreciated, I live in Texas, and I've yet to find anything. Thanks again.

What kind of IT magazines? I've been loooking for something to read. I am also looking for a community feed for ITs.

At the college I attend, Pennsylvania College of Technology, I earned my Associates degree in Networking and Technical Support. I am now enrolled in a 2+2 Bachelore's degree, called Technology Management. The way it works is that any technical degree servers as the first 2 years, then the next 2 years is all business/management.

And the nicest part is that all of the classes can be taken online. Penn College is a part of Penn State, so even with online classes you get a degree that looks good. ;)

Lehigh University has the first and only Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science and Business <just google for computer science and business>. It is accredited as a both a Computer Science and a Business degree. If you're smart enough to get into Lehigh University and persistent enough to get through the program, great things await you upon graduation.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.