Welcome to the TTF

this will become confusing if Im not careful, my forum's abreviation is TF

Hey, Im me what more can I say?

Member Avatar for

I need some help/// Just purchased a used ibm t22 thinkpad at a business bankruptsy sale. got home, turned it on, and the darn thing keeps asking me for an administrator login and password. is there a work around???

Unregistered, welcome! Please register with the forums and then post your message in the appropriate forum. This isn't the place for any form of support.

I'm just Carol.....but I've seen this place advertised around. Thought I may as well join though I'm a little rusty on code these days.
:)

This place is getting huge!!! Man I remember back in the days when I think there was three of us Dani good work you should be proud seriously. When I do searches in google I see you on the 1st page now wow this is awesome! I will be around I been busy this last month back in the game again hope you guys enjoy my newsletters.

Yes! I too remember back to the days when it was me, you, Tekmaven, and inscissor all alone in these forums! :) We certainly have come a long way ... but we still have a long way to go!

I'm just Carol.....but I've seen this place advertised around. Thought I may as well join though I'm a little rusty on code these days.
:)

Hey there Carol. Welcome aboard. There's a place for you here regardless of how much (or how little) you know. There's programming, web development, and tech support as well :) Or just hang out here in the Geek's lounge!

Hello, all. My name is Cody Snider. I'm an SEO guy from Colorado (more of a hardware guy doing SEO for fun and profit :-p)

I enjoy reading your techie questions and offering as much help as I can. I've already learned a few things I didn't know reading through the posts here and I hope to learn much more as time goes on.

Hi Dani, and all the regulars here :)

I came across your site a while back whilst searching a few discussions for hints to a solution for one of our readers at Australian PC User http://www.pcuser.com.au I never found quite what I was looking for at the time, but I loved the place!

I'm online a fair bit, because I need to keep my finger on what's happening in IT, and I also moderate a Gamers Forum for PCPowerPlay magazine. I drop in here now and then, because as well as being a wonderfully informative site, you've got the cheeriest looking IT forum I've found yet. :)

My grandson's claimed my gaming rig for an overnighter, after bailing out on his Mum for the weekend, so this is one of those times. And seeing's I've dropped by, I've signed up so I'll be a member rather than a lurker from now on.

Cheers all,
Terry.

hi all!

i've been lurking around here for a few months...and finally got around to signing up

so...erm...hi :)

What's up all you people. Welcome aboard! Feel my wrath, bwuah hahaha!

Heh heh...

I've been having a lot closer look over the past week than I've had time to do previously, and there certainly is a lot of 'lurkers' who view and don't sign up, isn't there?:eek: :eek:

And you know what? This 'Geeks Lounge' is about the emptiest 'get-together place' I've seen in an Internet forum! That's a surprising thing, because it's set up so that 'Guests' can post replies here as well. ;)

The only topics under discussion, apart from a couple of contest or word game thingies, seem to be about bloody computers! What's wrong with people over there? Have you no lives? Isn't there something you're passionate about, or even interested in?

Seriously, start posting interesting stuff in here for discussion, people. I'd like to see what catches people's attention in Pommyland! :)

Cheers all!

Heh heh...

I've been having a lot closer look over the past week than I've had time to do previously, and there certainly is a lot of 'lurkers' who view and don't sign up, isn't there?!:eek: !:eek:

And you know what? This 'Geeks Lounge' is about the emptiest 'get-together place' I've seen in an Internet forum! That's a surprising thing, because it's set up so that 'Guests' can post replies here as well. ;)

The only topics under discussion, apart from a couple of contest or word game thingies, seem to be about bloody computers! What's wrong with people over there? Have you no lives? Isn't there something you're passionate about, or even interested in?

Seriously, start posting interesting stuff in here for discussion, people. I'd like to see what catches people's attention in Pommyland! :)

Cheers all!

Ok, I'm starting a thread about how many players on the yankeez MLB team are using steroids that are against MLB policy! Sound good?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go on then! I will have a response! It may not be completely on topic, but take what you get! :D

Member Avatar for TKSS

Hi all...

I've been around for a few weeks...I really like the forum layout and style and I like the fact that it is so active. This is THE place to go right now for free solutions. Is there anything we can do to drum up support? Banner exchange etc? I like to give back just as much as I recieve so...let me know. Great place, lets keep it rolling!

Hey there! That's fantastic, TKS! :) If you have a website and would like to swap links with us, feel free to use a text link or a banner available from http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/linktous.php You can then add your site to our directory at http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/links.php

You could also go here: http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/subscriptions.php to become a subscriber. It entitles you to your name in bold, more Private Message space, bigger avatars, a custom user title, and access to our Community Helpers forum.

Hi, I'm Shane and I'm new here. I'm 20 years old and I work as an "Application Analyst" for Black & Decker located in Towson, Maryland. In other words, I do variety of things.

I have experience in asp/vbscript, c, c++, c#, vb, vb.net, php, mssql, oracle, db2 and a slew of other computer acronyms and languages.

Anyway, that's really about it.

Welcome to the site and welcome aboard as a staff member :)

howdy here? Hey Dani and group.
I am Amarjyoti. I am 28, married , happy. Live in Kerala, India. I am boss at bobcares.com
I saw this link at WHT and kind of liked the place. Hope to be a regular here. Seems to be a group of nice people here. :)

I can help people mostly on Linux / BSD and running a business kind of stuff..
Have a nice day :)

Regards
Amar

Well guys, I feel so puny to introduce myself among u great techies.
I am no professional; just a freshman in a university tryin to do a BS in computer science. I am learning C programming language at the moment(wish me luck). I do have a little skill in adobe photoshop/illustrator, 3D max and macromedia director--but no big deal.
Anyways my name's Asif,18 years old and live in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Well,my name is John .Just another ordinary electronics student that wants everything done easy.:) Been here for a time forgot to intro myself.Know a little java,c++,basic and dreamweaver not professional in any of them.Well hi!!:cheesy:

Well Hello everyone,

My name is Troy (aka Paladine - just incase you thought otherwise :mrgreen: ), and I am a licensed Pharmacist in Canada (working for Pharmx Rexall) who also has a diploma in Computer Systems Techonolgy. :cool:

I put PL-SQL/T-SQL, Oracle, VBA, C++, and Java as my graduated knowledge, with VB.Net (incl. ASP.Net in Visual Studio.Net) as my accumulating knowledge. :o Also, I dabble with Adobe Photoshop 7.0, GoLive CS, and Dreamweaver/Fireworks MX from time to time. :rolleyes:

Techtalk has been a site I have frequently visited since I have first joined, but my posting can be sporadic due to my career profession. The site never seems to stop growing or changing, one of the reasons why I keep coming back, and I have always learned something on every visit.
:p
Greetings to all......!!

just sayin hi i'm a wicked newbie.Got my first computer in december was given to me sold it bought a new computer wasn't hasppy with that sold it with that money bought even better computer now i'm pretty happy with one getting addicted really fast. 40 year old musician turning into computerhead

w00ps, this is going to be a very late introduction. But why not?
Hello,
My name is Yzk, and I know a bit about Dos, windows9x and 2000. I've been here for about 1 month and I like the website. The layout is excellent and very easy to handle, especially the "new posts". Some forums where I'm on don't have it or have very little of it. I am a student in high school and am running as an intern right now. My most favorite searcher is google, it has the most favoured results. And that's how I found daniweb.com. I am a "certified computer engineer", though not much, atleast its a title :/
I have completed A+, Cisco first semester, ECDL (basic MS Office), Win2000, NOSE (no, not your nose). I have had no education in any kind of programming language, but I'm trying to teach myself some. Which btw is very difficult.

hello to all!

Hi, I just signed up and wanted to say hello. My name is Amanda, I'm 27 and on the computer way too much per my husband. I love the internet, pc gameing and do a ton of homework on here. I have a pretty bad system right now, windows me, and am planning on getting a new pc at the end of summer, probably a dell. When my friend have probs they always look to me so I may post for help alot. I appreciate any and all help, and love to meet new people, so drop me a line or two.

thanks,
Amanda

Hi everybody... I'm new here so I'll post here and expect a welcome. >D
I learned programming at age 10 and started by programming C in DOS... didn't get too far, then I learned C++, then HTML, then VBScript, then JScript, a little JAVA, found out about Game Maker, learned a little QBasic, became semi-respected at the GM forum, learned more QBasic, played with Batch files & nearly wiped out my PC, decided to go back and try to re-learn C++, and here I am now.
The batch file I made wasn't a virus, but I called it a 'batch virus breeder'... it combines all files in the current folder runs them... I had a batch virus tutorial in the folder at the time, with some example viruses in it. :D

Thats all for now.
- Natso

Edit:
http://www.geocities.com/natsogames/GalacticHackerV1.zip
I forgot to mention my latest and most liked game yet... Galactic Hacker.
http://forums.gamemaker.nl/index.php?showtopic=37960&st=160
^ thats my topic at the GM forum where the rules of the game can be found...
It is a hacking simulation... set in the future... a company named 'Platego Lab' starts acting up... rumors spread... you gotta save the galactanet before stuff gets outta hand...

Second edit:
I also played around with operating systems some... wiped out windows... learned all about DOS... PULLED MY C DRIVE out of my computer & plugged it into another computer as a slave drive... copied the windows files from the primary drive to the slave drive(my drive) and plugged it back into my own computer... now it works again :cool:
I also plan on getting some memory expansion & upgrading my PC to a pentium 4(I use a windows 98 & have a pentium 2, not a stupid celeron)

Hey there Natso. Welcome aboard ... wow, long list of history you've got there. Good luck with your C++ studies!

Anybody here tried out Galactic Hacker yet?
:D

Not many people on the IRC...:-|

uh well I tried it, but the link doesn't work, the first one.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.