Hi all ...
Love this forum, I am very new to it and very in-experienced, however i do know what a blue screen looks like...

If i can help i will... if Catweazle doesn't beat me to the punch... :eek:

Welcome to the newer members, and we hope you all stay long and contribute whatever you wish to. Please don't hesitate from posting your ideas and comments simply because someone else has already posted an 'answer'. None of us think of everything, or even get it 'right' all the time, after all.

The more activity we have the better! :D

Hi All,

i new member to this group. please welcome me in grand style.

cheers,

prasanna

Hey all. Whats up. Its me. Mr Stabby, rarley using his powers for good. Those include...

PHP/MySqL/C/C++/WebsiteDesign/little perl/OpenGL/Overall IT services/ Linux/Unix/Mac/Windows

Im kinda a jack of all trades with the net. Not that deep in some compaired to others but always willing to help out a bit.

Currently reading: Fight Club
Current Goal: Get the crap out of high school.

See ya round in the forums. :O

Hi,
I'm from the UK and have just recently registered. Outside of the obvious reasons to logging on this site, I have strong interest in music/artsl - song writing being the main one.
Mark

hi

i am mahindar from India. Today is my first day. I have browsed the site from sometimes. I have found the site very useful.

Thanks

i came here not to lurk, but to sieze control of system 10.3 with the help of one of you brain surgeons. :)

somehow, when changing computers from G3 to G4, and system 9 to system, i have administrated myself a password that i can't remove and therefore can upgrade NOTHING.

so far, i've inverted the screen, re-installed the entire system 6 times or so (maybe seven), have pestered thelife out of the internet company trying to re-establish connectivity.

so far, i have managed to poke enough buttons to fix most of those things (except for the inverted screen which a person in a different mac forum helped me to fix, but in re-installing and etc. repeat... i lost all those bookmarks.

and now, i've found you. :)

is there anybody here who can tell me how to dis-administrate myself? i'm not EVEN going to go through the inverted screen trick again. thanks!

cee

hi

i am mahindar from India. Today is my first day. I have browsed the site from sometimes. I have found the site very useful.

Thanks

Hello Mahindar ! I am Sani from Pakistan, your neighbour :). Nice to meet you here.

Hello Everyone,
I came across this site while doing a search on Alan Turing. Why? A)I'm reading 'Cryptonomicon', and B)I was bored at work.
I work as a PC Technician for a large paint company in Cleveland, OH, I have a little experience in VB6, Java, JavaScript, and HTML. But programming is not my calling, so you'll most likely catch me in the Tech Support threads.

Later,
Catnip

"Have you ever stopped to think, and forgot to start again?"

hi..i'm tiegan..and i haven't got a clue :o

I'm new here myself. Looking forward to solutions and assistance with the odd things that crop up in my administering two Macs at work and another two at home. I've been maintaining Macs since '89 in small environments to continuing accolades from my collegues - they just do not understand how easy it is to keep a Mac running sweetly. Now OSX is here and all the 'first-line' solutions have changed. I'm slowly coming to terms with the new techniques and expect to use this site for the deeper questions.
Thanks, Dani, for making this available to us 'workers in the field'. Now I don't need MacFixit anymore. And, maybe, I can offer some advice as well. BTW a Kiwi is a bird - the bitter green thing is a Kiwifruit (originally called Chinese Gooseberry).
Cris

Hoping to take advantage of this great information exchange - however, I don't see where the "new thread" to post a new message is. I'm off to a great start! Thanks!

Hey Calistayork! First find the forum that you would like to post your question in. When you see the long listing of everyone's threads, there should be a New Thread button near the top left and bottom left of the listing :)

Hey there forum lurkers - all you people who are browsing the site but still haven't taken a minute to sign up. I just thought it would be a nice idea to welcome you all to the forums. Why not drop us a line and say howdy here? Heck, you don't even need to register to reply to threads here in the Geek's Lounge forum! Go ahead, introduce yourself ;)

Hello, just found you this morning. Great site and unfortunately one that I'll spend a lot of time at with my #!*&! computer!

Hi everyone,
I'm sitting at my desk in Blantyre - Malawi. It's 11.40 pm and I'm looking for some enlightening interaction - especially with regard to MAC OSX since I have recently acquired an IMAc and am finding it quite intriguing after having been a confirmed PC user for many years. :p

Hey Aitch! Welcome to DaniWeb ... well, we've got a nice group of mac users here (myself included!) so stop by the mac forum and have a looksie around.

hi there - samrasbanji here...
kinda new to forums, but will probably start using this cool site extensively when my studies commence next year. ok cheerio.

Hi, New here and at my wits end...I have encountered the "about blank" home page on yahoo and cannot get rid of it. Can someone please please help me? In return, I am thinking of giving away one teenage son who's antics on the computer caused my problems- LOL.. any takers?
thank youso very much gbear0403

Hi gbear, and welcome.

Have a read through related topics in the Windows Security/Computer bugs section:
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forum64.html

and post a new topic there if you can't find an answer to your problem. I'm afraid there will be a fee involved, but that's for taking the teenage son off your hands, not for the assistance! :D

:D Hey guys, hey look I'm a newbie. But I would like to try to start working on programming. Looking for information on c+, any help would be helpful.

hey thanks

Hi
This is shilpa here,I'm studying GIS and for that we got to learn C++,pretty good till here but the sad part begins now,I've no idea of C++ and our professor expects us to start writing programs after he has taken just 4 or 5 classes :sad: so I was browsing through the net to gather any help ,and I just got to know of this site ,it seems wonderful,hope my woes will end now :) and I would just love it to interact here through this forum

Cheers
shilpa

Hello, I just joined and seeking help with a Rundll32 error when trying to change my setting display resolution (Computer frezzes and I received the Rundll32 error). Thus I can change my display setting. I was told this was the best forum to join so here I am. However, I'm not sure where to post my issue. Can you help? Thanks for your inout.

dont know who i am and what i am doing on earth

there must be a reason why i am here

does anyone know why we are all here on earth ???/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.