Hi, this is Carl Hoffman, I just registered. Now what? Can I throw out a question now concerning a certain glitch on my IBM Think Pad with Windows ME?

Lead me, please.

Carl

Try in the Microsoft Windows forum.

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen!

This is Harry! From your's world. Basically I have my own Computer Business and my job is to promote websites in the world. if any boddy want to ask any thing regarding websites analysis, search engine optimization, link building, web development / designing etc then please email me at thepromoters@yahoo.com.

Thank you very much!
Harry!

Hi all,

I just signed up.

I'm a self taught developer of some six years now (Sounds of running feet and fading screeming )

I have mostly used Visual Basic in all it's forms: VB for applications; vb6 ; VB.net and VB scripting editions I love it! (more screeming!)

My other main strength is SQL Server, I'm a master of TSQL.

I have also used C and C++, some java and heaps of Javascript.

I'm currently getting back on the C wagon with C++ and C#, in particular I'm missing a lot of knowledge in the area of compiling and best practices.

Also currently grappling with XML and XSLT which I have managed to avoid so far (I'm trying to build a new personal site using XHTML)

But I'm now much more into learning design and analysis techniques, applying design patterns, the whole OO thing, encapsulation, cohesion and loose coupling etc... and I'm hoping to fill a lot of the gaps from the forums here.

Hi! Ladies and Gents
I'm Reuben, and I have a great interest in programming.
Ma favorite languages for which I'm competent is VB, C/C++, Java.
currently I' m doing ma final year project on multimedia, particularly in audio.
I anticipate to share with u ma knowledge and 2 learn much from u.
Thank u all.

:lol: Hi all
I am a girly and embarking on a course in computing. doh!
so thought i would join up, after seeing your gereat forums and maybe have a wealth of brains to pick :idea:

Howdy,

Just started lurking here on Tuesday. Hope to make some useful contributions to the community at some point :cheesy:

Dance

Hi everyone, my name is Emma and I am from UK, London. I have just joined the forum today. I came here to get technical help and advice from the people who know it best! I am a Support Consultant for an IT Recruitment Consultancy. Sometimes I need to find out various bits and peices about programming languages etc, for my work, and also make friends with people who might be looking for a next move in their career. If you want to talk business then please feel free to email me. I am not going to force myself upon people because I know this can be annoying at times! I'd like to be considered as being a cool person to hang with and would rather be on the good side than bad! :)

Hi i'm new to this forum, i have just discovered daniweb and i think it is brill, so please come and say a hello to me thanks.

Hey, I am chanelle, a c++ student at present. I came upon this website through a link on another website and i thought it would be cool to register so I did. I dont know alot about this website but I figure you guys will be able to help me. It is verry cool what i have seen so far from this website, and I hope that it gets better.;)

Hey there forum lurkers - all you people who are browsing the site but still haven't taken a minute to sign up. I just thought it would be a nice idea to welcome you all to the forums. Why not drop us a line and say howdy here? Heck, you don't even need to register to reply to threads here in the Geek's Lounge forum! Go ahead, introduce yourself ;)

I'm memarissa
Newbie to forums/newsgroups.... checking out any info while I learn (in true Mac user fashion) about getting my router to work... so far this is a kewl site... thanks for existing! ;) ;)

Hello everyone! Welcome to DaniWeb! I hope that you guys receive answers to all your questions, learn, and enjoy our community.

HI all I'm kevin, I was gonna post in here the other day when I registered but I forgot :-)

I am from the UK and I hate it, that is why I am in IT so very soon in the future I wil lhave enough cash to move out to sunny California :p

I am in the middle of making my own Dreamweaver support portal so if anybody would like to be involver and have their names up in lights (Well Font tags) then send me a message.

Kev

I just signed up today, so I figured I'd introduce myself first, and then jump into the fray fully.

Normally, I'd have some fancy long post about my origins, my life and whatever. All I have for you today is what I live by:

Code is life, honor is love, ice is passion, and geekboys are just really awesome.

Technology is my passion, and everyday I try to teach myself a little bit more. I am headed to university in the fall to study Computer Science, and I look forward to that. However, I'm glad that I had the sense to learn a bit on my own before entering any classroom - there's plenty that instructors (bless their hearts) miss.

I used to have a more feminine handle, evident by my blog (http://www.codemuffin.com) . However, nowadays, I tend to hide under foreach. It's just something that I prefer, as it gives people a chance to actually get to know me, than the 'oh my gosh, she's a girl that loves technology!' mania. I don't have time for that.

I'm a total Linux junkie (running Ubuntu Linux currently, used to run Debian unstable), I like PHP, C/C++, and I keep up with Java merely because I can. Most of the time I'm shell scripting, or looking at the mathematics behind encryption schemes. I also read heavily (law fiction and crime dramas), do jazz dance, write, and I'm slowly pursuing kickboxing. I kill time by listening to rock music (or jazz, depending on mood) and draw little things in The GIMP.

I look forward to meeting all of you, and I plan to stick around for a bit, lurking until I get my feet established a bit. Catch all of you around!

Hi, am a part-time computer networker, plus consultant, accountant and paralegal. Quite a mix.

Have found forums like this one a good place to give & receive info when many other things fail.

Look forward to interacting with all of you! :D

Hi, everybody I find your forum when make a google search to help someone solve an other problem on another forum. Please to meet you all ! See ya !

hi my name is hammad raza khan

i wanted to know if some one knows "Packet Assembler/Deassembler" (PAD) hardware vendors. please do tell me if some one finds it. and one more thing if some one can help me out in XOT open source code.

thanks

Hello I am Setoshin. You may call me the Ching Chong King of Bling Bling if you want. I joined this site as it could probably help me gain more knowledge about computers and of course my little brother knows mroe about it so I've decided to learn more about it so he does not surpass me. :lol: ;)

Hi Im Andy, a scripting newbie, can anyone help me with cgi script? I having a NIGHTMARE!

I can't but its nice to have you here andy.

Hi y'all! I have a Belkin a/b switch that allows me to switch between 2 computers, actually, 1 is a CCTV with a VGA output which is a reader I bought for my wife who has Macular Degeneration and the other is a Mac G4. I am trying to setup it up so she can view her Mac as well as the reader from 1 monitor. However, the Belkin only keeps the reader on for 15 seconds, then switches to the Mac. Is this because it is USB powered? Anyone know of a quality high def. a/b switch box product that will work for me?

Regards,

Oldfox30.

Hey there forum lurkers - all you people who are browsing the site but still haven't taken a minute to sign up. I just thought it would be a nice idea to welcome you all to the forums. Why not drop us a line and say howdy here? Heck, you don't even need to register to reply to threads here in the Geek's Lounge forum! Go ahead, introduce yourself ;)

Hi or is it high. My handle is davidkapl and I joined to help a friend whose pc had been hijacked by a spyware/adware program. My claim to fame here was that I use a MacintoshG4 (soon to be a G5) and was more or less immune to this virtual jungle. I, myself, am a mathematician which turns to makes me a geek listening to a differerent drummer. I am likely to remain a lurker because I probably have litte to say (write).

If you have something to tell me, please do so. I hope I have mixed my metaphors enough to be entertaining.
davidkapl

Hey there forum lurkers - all you people who are browsing the site but still haven't taken a minute to sign up. I just thought it would be a nice idea to welcome you all to the forums. Why not drop us a line and say howdy here? Heck, you don't even need to register to reply to threads here in the Geek's Lounge forum! Go ahead, introduce yourself;)

I'm a computer technician for a school board in Ontario. I work mostly with Windows and recently 2003 Server. I use Linux at home and on my work laptop. Currently I'm working on a terminal server project using the K12LTSP project.

Hi all,
just to intro myself, I love working on the puter & have been able to help quite a few people out with their puters, surprisingly cuz I dont consider myself much more than an amateur but I try. I am looking forward to getting helpful info on here to help me out. If you want to tell me something, please do. neeed all the help I can get. Thanks.
53standup

Hi
I've just joined today and thought I would introduce myself.
I'm from Manchester England and although I enjoy my PC, I don't really have a clue about it's workings etc. So I will be grateful for any advice from you clever 'puter people.
Thanks
Rac

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedHello im new to this site if you havent already guessed. I am basically just adding this message to say this site loks like itl get more popular every day and i have already found some problem solvers on your pages. I think it is a great idea because youand your members know a lot and i know enough to help some people in need. This could really help me when my computer becomes a pain in the ass. Keep up the good work.
P.S Is there any new features coming soon?
Dont forget to email me.......

Hello and welcome.

help! i'm new to this and I can't find how to post a new thread... I've looked everywhere!

Well when your on the fourm where you want to post a new thread look just above where all the other topis are and it should be at the top.

hi everyone im david im new to all this but i do have a problem but ill post it at forums ok just to say hi to u cscgal and hopefully ill be returning again and agian lol :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.