uh well I tried it, but the link doesn't work, the first one.

the site must be down for the moment.
Geocities does that, and some people complain, but then I say 'geocities or nothing' and I think they agree.:lol:

the site must be down for the moment.
Geocities does that, and some people complain, but then I say 'geocities or nothing' and I think they agree.:lol:

Try using 1asphost.com. They have more bandwidth.

Hey there forum lurkers - all you people who are browsing the site but still haven't taken a minute to sign up. I just thought it would be a nice idea to welcome you all to the forums. Why not drop us a line and say howdy here? Heck, you don't even need to register to reply to threads here in the Geek's Lounge forum! Go ahead, introduce yourself ;)

Ok Dani,
You got me...after several emails and me being stubborn lol

Hope I can be of help here and maybe learn some new things myself :)

Anthony

I've been snooping around for a few days now, and figured I should write a note of thanks for all the assistance I've managed to dig up. So... thanks and hello.

Welcome aboard guys. It's always nice to see new members!

Hi

I stumbled accross your site over a week ago while looking for patches/fixes and was immediately hooked. What can I say, but excellent !
Many thanks for setting this up and I wish you well.

Aquarius
:)

Yes, this site is the bomb. Lots of nutty/funny/intelligent people here!

So Dan, did you turn into our resident site greeter and welcomer? ;)

So Dan, did you turn into our resident site greeter and welcomer? ;)

Sure why not!

hi all, im new here!

my name is Lee and i run XCS tech support forums! hope i can help a few people out here! :D

any questions please feel free to ask!

Welcome to the forums! I hope you like your stay here. Lots of fun stuff here.

Howdy folks,

My name is Rich. I'm 30 and from the UK. My occupation is being a lazy slob, I'm on a seefood diet, I love surfing the net, playing pool, snooker and ten pin bowling. Recently taken up the challenging game of golf properly. I am known to throw my clubs farther than hitting the ball.

I have been into computers since the age of 10.

My first ever comp was an Amstrad CPC 464 with a green screen monitor.

My first foray into the online world was in the early 90s with BBS.

I have run a couple of forums in the past. My current forum was established in November 2003.

I have now broken the record for the length of time one of my forums have been open. Even though I did retire from admindom yesterday for all of 8 hours. :D

One successful board I did run got hacked and the database trashed so I gave up for a while.

I discovered this forum from a sponsors link over at "The Admin Zone" where I am a moderator.

I like the look of this site. Even though my job title is IT support that is only part time, so at times my knowledge is a little limited. But I do chime in if I feel I can answer a question.

So now I've shown you mine, now time to show me yours. ;)

Oooh lots of info there. I always love hearing all the different places that people have found us from. Guess when my 6 months are up, I might just purchase another 6 month sponsorship with The Admin Zone ;) TAZ is a great site indeed.

Other than that, I'm so sorry to hear about a hacker trashing your database. I have a cron job which makes an SQL dump of the database twice a day. And I try my hardest to remember to copy the dump to my local hdd at least once a day or every other day. So hopefully no worries there!

Early 90s, eh? You beat me by a few years. :-D I started online in about '95 with dial-up AOL.

BTW thanks for saying you like the look of this site :) I'm not much of a designer, but I try ;)

HELP!! I've been coerced!!!

Howdy Y'all. I promised Dani that I would post today, so here I am. (haven't had a chance to look around the forum, just had to find somewhere to get my name on the books).

I'm the lead programmer for SEO Guy and we've started lurking around lately in the past few days. It looks like this could become a great resource for me, and I'm glad to have found the forum.

Yup, you sure have! Welcome :) And you better post Bob ;) or I'll go hunt you down in Canada! :-D Hehe, welcome guys!

I have to say that this is a pretty impressive forum.

I have been doing some reading and came across the SEOGUY ads.

I was really impressed with his google PR and would love to get in touch with him...any ideas what would be the best way? I tried calling the other day but he was out.

HI all
just a newbie from down under coming in to share the knowhow from the more experienced

Hey there. Welcome everyone. ProBoard, why don't you go ahead and Private message the username "SEO Guy" here on the forums. This way it keeps this thread on-topic - which is to welcome everyone to the site!

Vinoth Here, From India

Member Avatar for

I have to say that this is a pretty impressive forum.

I have been doing some reading and came across the SEOGUY ads.

I was really impressed with his google PR and would love to get in touch with him...any ideas what would be the best way? I tried calling the other day but he was out.

Why don't you send him an email? you know his domain, and his alias - give it a shot?

Or just email me, and I can forward it to him - same domain, and my username's my forum name too.

Why don't you send him an email? you know his domain, and his alias - give it a shot?

Or just email me, and I can forward it to him - same domain, and my username's my forum name too.

BTW, this is me, that answered that post - i guess i should have signed in first :D

Hi, I'm Dave, but everyone calls me gooseneck, or just goose. I'm from East Lansing, Michigan, and I love trying to get my computer to blow up.

Hi gooseneck, welcome aboard.

Create a topic in the Hardware section, if you like, with your system specs and a suitable title, and I'm sure we can happily discuss some overclocking madness that would help you along to that goal!!

:D

Hi Everybody!
I finally signed up Dani, took me a while but i did it. :mrgreen:
I haven't spent that much time looking thru this forum just yet, but it looks like it's full of talented programmers. Talented programmers that might be able to help a web/graphic designer that writes not-so good code ;) . In return I can help you guys with any graphic design questions.

Chuck

Hey there forum lurkers - all you people who are browsing the site but still haven't taken a minute to sign up. I just thought it would be a nice idea to welcome you all to the forums. Why not drop us a line and say howdy here? Heck, you don't even need to register to reply to threads here in the Geek's Lounge forum! Go ahead, introduce yourself ;)

Hi all
Names Billy (bamatstar), im 29 male from canada. I am a certificationless it tech for a corp company, i moved from being a truck driver to do this job (scratches head y sometimes). I often need help as i have little experience in this field... probably my greatest aspect as far as computers are concerned is my willingness to be persistant. I ALWAYS find the answer, weither it be by hours ontop of hours of research or by good ole bootdisk.com lol... anyways just thought i would say hi and thanks for the much needed help to date. :)

truck driver to do this job

That's nothing. An old professor had a student that went from mining coal to mining data from databases. Hell of a jump, I gotta say.

That's nothing. An old professor had a student that went from mining coal to mining data from databases. Hell of a jump, I gotta say.

well hell yup id say that was a jump...

But once you post you lose that lurker mystique!

vj

Hey everyone... I'll introduce myself...

First of all, you can all refer to me as Cole. My interests in life are all aimed towards girls, computers and hockey. I've played hockey all my life, have liked girls all my life, and have been on my computer since I was about 9-10... so only about 5 years total. In the past I have owned a UNIX shell provider, as well as a web hosting business, named Syneticus. I am currently becoming interested in providing game servers, and may start doing just that fairly soon. Anyways... that's me...

also a question to those who understand how this forum works... why by my reputation do I have a -86... does this mean people hate me already? :eek:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.