Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Well it's also a New Decade! Let's hope you all have a good one!

Happy New Year everyone! Let us hope 2010 is better than 2009.

Well it's also a New Decade! Let's hope you all have a good one!

Scientists say the new decade starts in 2011 just like how the number century is one number ahead. Also I believe we still have another two months until new year as scientists are debating weather we should have a leap minute every 5 or so years. So with all of these factors the new decade starts in another 14 months and the new year starts in another 2 months.
That is what I believe but don't criticize me if you believe different.

Scientists say the new decade starts in 2011 just like how the number century is one number ahead. Also I believe we still have another two months until new year as scientists are debating weather we should have a leap minute every 5 or so years. So with all of these factors the new decade starts in another 14 months and the new year starts in another 2 months.
That is what I believe but don't criticize me if you believe different.

Do you have to analyze so much? I read through your thread on pi... and now on this thread, you want to believe that it is not a new decade based on what scientists are saying... just an observation from a not so frequent poster.

Happy New Year to all! :-D

Do you have to analyze so much? I read through your thread on pi... and now on this thread, you want to believe that it is not a new decade based on what scientists are saying... just an observation from a not so frequent poster.

Well if your on a computer forum then surly you know numbers start at 1 and in fact on the keyboard it goes 1234567890 with 0 at the end. That means we would be in the last year of that decade. Also for all those computer geeks like me you may have heard on the news the timestamp 1234567890 marked the digital birth of christ in 2009. Notice the digital birth of christ wasn't 0123456789. And you may notice that when counting backwards from 2 you don't get a negative zero. There is only 1 zero at the beginning including negatives. That is because the zero at the beginning is a negative.

The reason I am pointing all of this out is because otherwise we would be in the 20th century since it's year 2000 and not 21st century if what you say is correct. However if numbers start at 1 then that forces the century number to be ahead by 1 and some with when the decade starts etc.

Don't be offended by this but it is just a general debate going around town to town.

Thanks for enlightening me on this debate. I was not aware of it, but I also don't pay attention to the news or watch television. It's interesting I might point out how you are so fascinated with numbers. If you don't mind me asking, what is your profession?

If you don't mind me asking, what is your profession?

Well currently I'm not employed but I do enjoy making websites and helping others who don't know much about computers. My knowledge extends across a wide variety of languages including php, php-gtk, java, javascript/html/css, c++ and gml. I like to think of languages as like fruit and vegetables where they may not taste good but they do a great job. Hope you enjoyed that bio.

Thanks for wishing us new year, for me this year bring happiness and joy and i wish this will be the same for all of you.

May All your wishes for 2010 come true.
although my last year wasn't that good, and full of ups & downs, still I hope that in 2010 things will be better.
Good Luck you all. :)

Hey, I have a job this year - I was unemployed for almost 18 months, this has gotta be a better year/decade.

In 1999, I moved back to Seattle and my computer career was dead. I had spent 20 years working on VAX/VMS machines and no one used them any more - couldn't adapt, ended up doing temp/contract work for the entire decade. I am back working for the Fed (my first VAX was with NOAA); I am in classes now and will go face the public next Thursday.

w00t! w00t!

congrats! :) sounds like fun, i hope you have a good time jack :P

Happy New Year everyone! Its year of the tiger, right?

Happy New Year everyone! Its year of the tiger, right?

The year of the tiger was two years ago wasn't it? The year when apple computers released their operating system called "Tiger". If however you are talking about Tiger Woods then his long gone after what he has done.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.