An interesting and mind-boggling thread. When God created the universe 6,000 years ago He made it look like the universe was 16 billion years old. Yea, right :)

Recommended Answers

All 52 Replies

Energy cannot be destroyed , it can only change forms, so universe was there before concept of time came in and it will continue to be there after concept of time vanishes.

An interesting and mind-boggling thread. When God created the universe 6,000 years ago He made it look like the universe was 16 billion years old. Yea, right :)

At the risk of sounding fanatical, how do you know? I'm not saying that I agree that the universe is only 6k years old, but from a religious standpoint, God being all-powerful could have made Earth, the universe, physics, science, everything give humanity (and any other intelligent life elsewhere in the universe) the exact answers we've found. Not saying I believe that either, but it's an interesting view of religion explaining science rather than science attempting to disprove religion. Ultimately, I think that both science & religion are two fields of thought that humanity will never completely understand.

> When God created the universe 6,000 years ago..
Who's god?
Each mythology has its own creation date, yet oddly enough (no, not really, the dates were invented without evidence), they don't agree with one another. Why not? because the date was yanked out the ass of some ancient mystic and nobody had any knowledge or sense to challenge it.

There are trees which pre-date this particular creation date. I wonder how the explanation of that goes (no, not really, the answer is obviously "goddiditandIllkillanyonewhosaysotherwise").

No doubt some ancient (that is dead) religion had a much earlier creation date. Is that date only false because it lacks enough idiots to jump up and down saying "it's true because I say so"?

Next problem - what colour skin did Adam have?
I mean, with an average generational span of say 30 years (today's figure), that gives only 200 generations to generate the whole of human diversity. Now that's impressive even for evolution!
If they give some "environment" waffle as the answer, kindly point out to them that Blacks (say) in Scandinavian countries do not suddenly become White in the new environment, nor do their children.
Would you "adam and eve it" (A&E)

More on evolution
- old religions die,
- new religions are born,
- some(*) evolve from peaceful origins (allegedly) into a band of murderous cowards hiding behind "it's god's will".
Religions evolve, now isn't that a kicker! :)

(*) Actually, they're all as bad as each other at one point in time or another. It's just depressing how "pink" the world is (click the link).

> I think that both science & religion are two fields of thought that humanity will never completely understand.
Allow me to clarify.
Science gives you the means to fight a war, religion gives you a reason to.

But wait, there's more!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful". - Seneca (ca. 4 BC –AD 65)
"All religions are equally sublime to the ignorant, useful to the politician, and ridiculous to the philosopher". - Lucretius (94 BC - 49 BC)
What could be more useful than a religion for generating a stream of suicide bombers from the pool of the brainwashed.

Energy cannot be destroyed , it can only change forms

And the Earth is still flat :) Scientific thought tomorrow may prove that statement false.

God being all-powerful could have made Earth, the universe, physics, science, everything give humanity (and any other intelligent life elsewhere in the universe) the exact answers we've found.

Which, of course, proves the universe is a lot older than 6-10,000 years. Or did God contradict himself? I doubt that, instead it is man who misunderstood the teachings in the Bible.

Who's god?

There is only one God -- All those others you may have heard about are just variations of the same God.

At the risk of sounding fanatical, how do you know? I'm not saying that I agree that the universe is only 6k years old, but from a religious standpoint, God being all-powerful could have made Earth, the universe, physics, science, everything give humanity (and any other intelligent life elsewhere in the universe) the exact answers we've found. Not saying I believe that either, but it's an interesting view of religion explaining science rather than science attempting to disprove religion. Ultimately, I think that both science & religion are two fields of thought that humanity will never completely understand.

In order for the religious community to accept that god made the universe 6,000 years ago, they have to waffle around the fact that god would have to be a liar. He would have had to lie by creating an artificial age to the universe and the earth. And once you go down that road, then you might as well say that he created the universe 10 seconds ago including our memories etc. There is not way to prove or disprove either proposition - a 6000 yr old universe or a 6 second old universe so Occam's Razor says the universe is what we discover it to be.

I use to ask this question to my mom in my childhood and she always replied me that it depends on our mind how we look at the world, if we want to realize it we should always keep in mind that universe is like my friend, my parents and my family, i still dont have any exact answer for that but i am happy to see someone else questioning this.

Energy cannot be destroyed , it can only change forms, so universe was there before concept of time came in and it will continue to be there after concept of time vanishes.

While energy cannot be created or destroyed, there is nothing to say energy can't be transfered. What if our universe was the result of an ancient experiment in an alternate universe. I have heard of a theory where there are infinite universes containing every possible combination outcome and there is the other theory where there is only one alternate universe also called the parallel universe. So logically something in the parallel universe would have created time making the energy outside the timeframe/space of all alternate universes transform into a new universe. For all we know new universes could be created like new galaxies.

As all living organisms have evolved from single cell.
The age of earth has to be billion years old. As scientist says 4.5 billion.

In order for the religious community to accept that god made the universe 6,000 years ago, they have to waffle around the fact that god would have to be a liar. He would have had to lie by creating an artificial age to the universe and the earth. And once you go down that road, then you might as well say that he created the universe 10 seconds ago including our memories etc. There is not way to prove or disprove either proposition - a 6000 yr old universe or a 6 second old universe so Occam's Razor says the universe is what we discover it to be.

I wouldn't so much as say that he'd have to be a liar, as all his creation wasn't started at day 1 of its life. Like someone stated in the thread Dragon linked to, Adam was created in manhood, not as an infant. Still, 6000 years is a very difficult pill to swallow and I'm much more inclined to believe the "days" stated in Genesis were metaphorical, rather than literal (I'm Christian, but not illogically so). Or rather, as discovered by Douglas Adams, our race is descended from humans from another planet, with silly jobs like hair dressers & telephone sanitizers.

And the Earth is still flat :)

No it's not! It's round like a pancake :)

religion vs. science
magic vs. technology

were like water and oil... they stay together but they don't mix.

Q: "How Old Is the Universe?"
A: "At least as old as I am."

The Sumerians were sitting around wondering what the guy in a beard was on about - what does he mean "Let there be light" - there's the sun yadda,yadda,yadda.

The Sumerians were sitting around wondering what the guy in a beard was on about - what does he mean "Let there be light" - there's the sun yadda,yadda,yadda.

lol. That is a very good point. Does that mean that the so called God created all of the stars/suns at once because light doesn't just come from the sun - light also comes from the stars. Amazing the things the author of the bible didn't think of. Anyways back on topic didn't some scientists recently create some experiment where they sent two particles near the speed of light and tried to collide those particles. I know the first attempt failed due to a malfunction but how did the second attempt go?

according to the big bang theory , the old of universe is

the radius of universe / light of speed in vacaum.anyway both parameaters are
already calculated using hubble data.

The theory says that space time is expansion , it's not a explosion, most accurately
there is a explosion of the space time. and the end of the universe is due to the
dark energy.

I read those things , and confused , and never get the mathematical background
of that explanation of existence of anti matter or dark energy , strong force .

asking personal question from AD publicly don't get upset.
anyway acient dragon , you are a white men aren't you?, so you say
GOD to these type of ugly Reptilians? do you going to worship for
them to become a slave? http://www.greatdreams.com/reptlan/reps.htm

see how KUGLY they are :P
http://www.greatdreams.com/reptlan/reptile.jpg

Even I ( I'm a black native person, however after plastic surgery I will no longer black) hate them even I'm black.

what advantages do you get by worshiping them ? They even can't
share their technology with us. There is no point of worshiping a
ugly green jack ass gods.They will never share their technology with
us unless we go to the Egypt like places and reverse engineer their
technology , that's only thing that we can do to get some technology.

asking personal question from AD publicly don't get upset.
anyway acient dragon , you are a white men aren't you?, so you say

Your read that and didn't go blind? Why do the rat-*ssed crazy ones need such gawd-awful graphics?

Maybe we could start a what is the worst page you ever stumbled across thread. I am not sure which way to go with this: the worst ideas or the worst graphics - any suggestions?

Nic -- I really have no idea what in the world you are talking about. Reptilians?? There is no such thing except maybe in some sci fi flicks. If there is intelligent life out there somewhere then it might or might not look like those reptilians. Whatever they have to do with God I have no clue.

Grim: agree -- that was a horrible-looking web site. It hurt my eyes to read it (actually I didn't read all of it, just the first couple sentences.)

I just read that page and almost sent me blind reading it. Who would design a page with a bright red background and white text? Is this your page by any chance !o!.

I just read that page and almost sent me blind reading it. Who would design a page with a bright red background and white text? Is this your page by any chance !o!.

not my page.
and there are not only those reps , there are many more.
I don't know the truth of false of these facts.
do you believe these things ?
http://www.nibiruancouncil.com/html/felines.html

However if they got technology we should have to learn it.
no matter what is technology it will make your life longer and
comfortable.

great primids are just only one mistery there are many
resources on the earth. The actual truth is we have not
reverse-engineered those technology and resources well.

>> Whatever they have to do with God I have no clue.

no offense with the ppl who believe a God. But it's the technology baby.
we lean electronics by reading a book on circuit theory.we don't care who is the
author of the book or who invent them or Big BULK story of history about inventor's life.It's stupid to read the love stories between Albert Eistine and his wife in order to learn theory of relativity.waste
of time.lol. Like that what I need is not gods , what I need is their technology.

NicAx64 your "formatting" is ridiculous.

we hope there is intelligent life somewhere out in space
coz theres bugger all down here on earth

Monty Python

commented: LOL +0

we hope there is intelligent life somewhere out in space
coz theres bugger all down here on earth

Monty Python

It is said that intelligent life is forever being created and destroyed around the universe. But just when intelligent life gets an understanding of the universe then something like a black hole dooms them all. That is what I saw on a TV show.

Vogons

not my page.
and there are not only those reps , there are many more.
I don't know the truth of false of these facts.
do you believe these things ?
http://www.nibiruancouncil.com/html/felines.html

However if they got technology we should have to learn it.
no matter what is technology it will make your life longer and
comfortable.

great primids are just only one mistery there are many
resources on the earth. The actual truth is we have not
reverse-engineered those technology and resources well.

wow! That site is serious - they actually believe that crap! They should meet the Urantians - they have a lot in common. The Urantians are the people behind the weird messages on those boxes of Celestial Seasonings. Then there is JZKnight and Ramtha. Once you go down the road to wackiness, how do you know when to stop?

The great pyramids are not a mystery; the folks from "This Old House" did a show with NOVA called "This Old Pyramid" and, using the technology of the time, built the last 5 levels.

Every single Mystery has been recreated using the tools and technology of the time they were built - the pyramids, Easter Island head, Stonehenge - they are all monuments to humanities technical prowess (and religious wackiness). The people who try to say the humans could not have done it are just stupid twits with no clue.

One could probably safely assume that God and the Universe are about the same age?

One could probably safely assume that God and the Universe are about the same age?

I thought god was there for a long time before with his room mate shugs until they went for an arm wrestle when god farted twice then won and those two gas particles created the universe. That's the theory I believe in.

>> Who would design a page with a bright red background and white text

Obviously reptilians! Their visions can handle colors better than we can.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.