I thought god was there for a long time before with his room mate shugs until they went for an arm wrestle when god farted twice then won and those two gas particles created the universe. That's the theory I believe in.

Interesting theory, but then there are those of us who believe the Universe came first. Like the egg came before the chicken.

they are all monuments to humanities technical prowess (and religious wackiness). The people who try to say the humans could not have done it are just stupid twits with no clue.

Of course I agree , these types monuments are everywhere in the world.
Even in the small Island that I live. But nothing can be completely
explained by the modern engineering and science today.

so your argument is that they are more spiritual than technological ?
In other words more close to religion than to the physical ?

Interesting theory, but then there are those of us who believe the Universe came first. Like the egg came before the chicken.

How did the gas particles (if that's what you think made the universe) exist, then? Trying to contemplate how anything existed to make anything gives me a headache, so I'll let you do it for me =)

How did the gas particles (if that's what you think made the universe) exist, then? Trying to contemplate how anything existed to make anything gives me a headache, so I'll let you do it for me =)

Infinity dear Watson, Infinity!

Read the below quote from an above post and you will see that god farted twice creating two gas particles then the gas particles collided making the universe.

I thought god was there for a long time before with his room mate shugs until they went for an arm wrestle when god farted twice then won and those two gas particles created the universe. That's the theory I believe in.

Read the below quote from an above post and you will see that god farted twice creating two gas particles then the gas particles collided making the universe.

Ya know, your 'god farted' wasn't funny the first time and it get less funny as you continue to beat that poor horse. Let it go.

Ya know, your 'god farted' wasn't funny the first time and it get less funny as you continue to beat that poor horse. Let it go.

I know it's not funny but if I'm going to believe in a religion it will be that one.

Of course I agree , these types monuments are everywhere in the world.
Even in the small Island that I live. But nothing can be completely
explained by the modern engineering and science today.

so your argument is that they are more spiritual than technological ?
In other words more close to religion than to the physical ?

Nope, my argument is that the monuments are technological feats well within human parameters; the religious element comes through in how the humans were brought together to build the items. Easter Island was completely denuded of trees to use to roll the stones from the quarries to their locations. It is thought that it took less than 2 generations to reduce a verdant tropical eden to a near lifeless island barley able to support a handful of people. On the other hand, the pyramids were a sort of WPA project to keep people employed but even that degenerated to slave labor.

Of course, we know very little about the builders of Stonehenge though they have found a couple of well preserved bodies in the neighborhood.

On the other hand, the pyramids were a sort of WPA project to keep people employed but even that degenerated to slave labor.

That is totally incorrect. The Egyptians built the pyramids during their all their spare time to worship their gods. They were not paid to do so and there was nobody forcing them to do so. The Egyptians thought that if they built something for their gods then the gods would give something back.

As those of you who pay attention to particle physics know, particles can appear out of nowhere in a vacuum, dance around a bit and disappear again as long as the equation always = zero (or, said differently, one side is equal to the other). One of the reasons that 'they' are looking for both 'dark matter' and 'dark energy' is that they expect the universe will add up to zero. At first they were expecting to find much more anti-matter to balance the equation. Take a look at some Feynman diagrams sometime and you will see a couple of really interesting events - the one I like is that the anti-particles behave like regular particles traveling backwards in time.

As those of you who pay attention to particle physics know, particles can appear out of nowhere in a vacuum, dance around a bit and disappear again as long as the equation always = zero (or, said differently, one side is equal to the other). One of the reasons that 'they' are looking for both 'dark matter' and 'dark energy' is that they expect the universe will add up to zero. At first they were expecting to find much more anti-matter to balance the equation. Take a look at some Feynman diagrams sometime and you will see a couple of really interesting events - the one I like is that the anti-particles behave like regular particles traveling backwards in time.

Thank you, Jack. I now have a headache. I'll have to check some of this stuff out when I get home. Seems quite interesting. I've never really been into physics more than motion-based, but something like that may get me deeper into it.

>>the one I like is that the anti-particles behave like regular particles traveling backwards in time.
How would they know the particles time travel?

Infinity dear Watson, Infinity!

Does that mean Universes have always been there in one state or another?

I simple mindedly understood that Universes come an go, or pulse, or form nodes. I think the question should have been
How Old Is Our Universe Right Now?

I think the question should have been
How Old Is Our Universe Right Now?

Do you imply there could be more than one universe? If our universe were just one atom in a cup of water, there could be an infinite cups of water.

they told us how it works, in Men In Black
aliens play marbles with galaxies

Do you imply there could be more than one universe? If our universe were just one atom in a cup of water, there could be an infinite cups of water.

Yes, I think it's also a matter of dimensions. Our Universe could simply be a subatomic particle in another Universe. Time, Space, Dimension and Infinity are ultimately related. Just tough to get your mind wrapped around all of that.

The only thing we can hope to measure at this point in time is the age of our own Universe.

>>the one I like is that the anti-particles behave like regular particles traveling backwards in time.
How would they know the particles time travel?

This is one of my favorite stories:
Whenever any of Feynman's co-workers had a question for him, he would chase them out of his office. Hours or days later, he would come back with an answer. During this time, whenever anyone approached his office he would hide something in his desk. As you can imagine, this intrigued his colleagues so one day they asked him a really complex question, waited 2 hours and burst into his office. They caught him with some scratch paper with squiggles on it. He admitted with a lot of embarrassment that sometimes he could not keep all particle activity in his head and was forced to draw some diagrams.

This genius's embarrassment were the Feynman Diagrams that no particle physicist can work without today. There is always a timeline associated with the diagram (usually the x-axis and up); when anti-particles appear, they can be read as either an anti-particle going forward or a regular particle going backwards. I have included the simplest FD I know of, and the simplest diagram of Feynman's behavior.

they told us how it works, in Men In Black
aliens play marbles with galaxies

and we are stored in a locker in the bus depot.

you studied quantum mechanic, Grim?

The Universe is very very very very very old,so old you really have no idea how old it is.

Imagine time constantly ticking without stopping.

That's how old it is - infinity has no age!

The universe is ageless,infinite,eternal...

Billions of galaxies and nebulae are still being discovered millions of light years as far as the most powerful telescope on earth can capture.

Humble mini mortals know too little about the universe to figure
how old it is!

Think of it as so old it is beyond aeons and aeons!][/B]

you studied quantum mechanic, Grim?

Nope, I have ADD, an insatiable curiosity and access to the interWebs.

Quite often, I am learning as I post here - sometimes, I even have to change my post because i discovered I was wrong. Rather than delete where I started, I will actually keep it and then show where I went and why I changed my mind.

If someone sees an error in my posting, show me the error of my ways - with links.

commented: A great way to spend time, +0

Nope, I have ADD, an insatiable curiosity and access to the interWebs.

Cool a great way to spend time
knowlege is power
edit -- Way cool --

Sign at the End of the Universe
thanks to a story by Duane Ackerson (1974)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.