when you remember the 75 rpm music records -- or any records at all (I have not seen any for several years now).

Or when you remember MS-DOS version 1.0 and MS-Windows version 1.0.

when you remember the 75 rpm music records -- or any records at all (I have not seen any for several years now).

Was reading in local news paper about people buying vinyl records again then spending up to $10,000 US on turn tables and sound system.

you know you're old when most of the aircraft you saw had propellers

Actually, I see those all the time. I was just playing some records I had bought, the other day.

when your uncle regularly played his hand crank Edison Gramophone, it had tubular records not flat disc and you knew the words to some of the songs. Later---

... if you remember using data cards and/or paper tape.

... if you remember using data cards and/or paper tape.

Yes -- I used paper tape on teletype machines in the 1960s.

If you remember computers that had vacuum tubes.

You remember when rabbit ears and a piece of tin foil was a high performance TV antenna. Later---

When you remember that the records are 78rpm

When you remember that the records are 78rpm

And the weekly hits were one sided cardboard with a hard coating on the sound side, they were sort of brownish orange. Later---

One for you bread boarders Simpson PSM4A vom or ac powered tube type vom, Mine still work. Later---

More likely, if you actually willingly listened to Ummagumma, you probably don't remember the whole year or decade.

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave Grooving with a Pict
Careful With That Axe Eugene

When you reformatted Windows 3.1 when you were 5.

You remember what happened when the lady on the radio yelled
"Don't open that closet, McGee!"

You remember what happened when the lady on the radio yelled
"Don't open that closet, McGee!"

Huh???

commented: Youngster! +0

When you start off your sentences with, "back in the day..." lol

Huh???

Link

Rochester
Yes Mr Benny
Be reasonable
Your reasonable, or My reasonable Mr Benny

Well !!

and,, The MaxWell

When ~S.O.S~ called everyone Mr. <UserName Here> That drove us all crazy, and he eventually dropped the Mr.. :)

commented: I remember that :D +0

Don't be too upset by it, Mr. Ancient, sir.

Member Avatar for diafol

...you no longer find the 'older woman' attractive...'coz the only older women now have false teeth and double prolapses. Ouch!

You know you are old when you read all these "you know you are old when" posts and think, "What are these young whippersnappers talking about?"

When your reaction to 99% of these posts is Been there done that and remember some of it. Later---

Your old when you don't remember what you had eaten last night.. :D

but we have a thread so we can remember what we are eating, we aint old

When you have a slide ruler in your pocket. Which I have.

"You have/are/using/used technology that's obsolete," doesn't signify your age; it is a fallacy.

You know you are old when you read all these "you know you are old when" posts and think, "What are these young whippersnappers talking about?"

Or when something is 'remembered' as old and you think "that's old? I thought that was just a couple years ago!" -- and it was from the 80's

Member Avatar for diafol

"You have/are/using/used technology that's obsolete," doesn't signify your age; it is a fallacy.

Ha ha ha phallus-y. Like it, like it.

commented: perv :D +0

True. You've obviously been to the C/C++ forums lately. :icon_twisted:

Ha ha ha phallus-y. Like it, like it.

Don't be such a d.... No, don't go there... :icon_wink:

No it's when you look at it and try to remember why you put it there, Mine is in top drawer of work desk. And it ain't obsolete. Later---

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.