please help tell me my options i have this computer here but need to get other back on track

please help tell me my options i have this computer here but need to get other back on track

i just had the same problem...i wanted to erase my hard disk so all the junk built up over the years would be erased and hopefully perform better. anywho, i lost my xp disk so i called Dell(R) to have them send me a new one. dell told me my warranty was expired, therefore could not send me a new disc. however, they told me to borrow a disc from a buddy and install it with MY product key. i questioned the man saying 'i thought borrow licensed material without a payment was illegal. the man said i was 100% safe borrowing another xp disc, just as long as i used the product key that came with my computer.
hope that helps

Hi, an Welcome to DaniWeb.

One thing we ask is that newcomers read the announcements and stickied topics you 'll find at top of page in each section, such as this one:
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread24425.html

We'd like to to have a good look around before posting questions, read the information stuff such as FAQs etc, and then find the appropriate section to post your question in.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.