Then going ballistic over some cryptic letters and numbers on a scope(2COR4:6, JN8:12) does seem the obvious reaction, somehow.

Damn right we should be going ballistic over this. It plays right into jihadist propaganda that this is all a Christian Crusade against Islam. These aren't "cryptic" letters and numbers. They're biblical verses that anyone can look up. I hope the military finds a new supplier, and fast. There are twenty zillion government regulations regarding what you have to do in order to supply the military with equipment. Clearly another one needs to be added if it's not already there. Leonard Pitts put it well is his column.

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/columnists/leonard-pitts/story/1441244.html

Guess what kids, there is no secret whatsoever, no conspiracy, no nothing.
The manufacturer uses references to bible sections as part of their serial numbers, nothing more or less.

DoD should get the best possible gear for their people irrespective of what some atheists and muslims think.
In fact, as we're fighting a lot of muslims right now, pissing them off might be a good idea and having God (if he exists, I keep my options open) on our side even more so.

The manufacturer uses references to bible sections as part of their serial numbers, nothing more or less.

DoD should get the best possible gear for their people irrespective of what some atheists and muslims think.

Bingo.

In fact, as we're fighting a lot of muslims right now, pissing them off might be a good idea and having God (if he exists, I keep my options open) on our side even more so.

D'oh. And you were on such a roll.

The United States Supreme Court also recognizes the separation of church and state. First in 1878, and then in a series of cases starting in 1947.

Wrong. The constitution prohibits the government from forcing anyone to adhere to a specific religion, nothing more or less.
It's a perversion of the constitution (which was written by devout Christians based on Christian values and infused with them all over) to claim nothing the government does can endorse any religion or be based on religious principles, as long as that action doesn't force people to adopt that religion as their own.

Member Avatar for diafol

Didn't realise Haiti had oil. How's the invasion going by the way? Heard that you've cut the supply lines and the siege is going well. You've managed to block the harbours and clogged the airfields. A few of them thar Bible Bombs thrown in would make a real good bang. Legitimize it. Bravo!

commented: troll +0

Didn't realise Haiti had oil. How's the invasion going by the way? Heard that you've cut the supply lines and the siege is going well. You've managed to block the harbours and clogged the airfields. A few of them thar Bible Bombs thrown in would make a real good bang. Legitimize it. Bravo!

Do you actually have a point or are you just posting to piss people off? We didn't invade Haiti. Haiti had an earthquake and people are trying to help.

Wrong on all counts.
It was not part of their serial numbers; it was specifically put on their products as a form of evangilism.
Atheists and Muslims are not the only non-xtians - right, you are saying that all Muslims are against us so we might as well piss off all Muslims, atheists, Hindis, Jews, etc.
So this Christ dude who is all peace love is also about killing?? That is pretty screwed thinking.
This god guy - why does he want us to kill in his name?

Wrong. The constitution prohibits the government from forcing anyone to adhere to a specific religion, nothing more or less.
It's a perversion of the constitution (which was written by devout Christians based on Christian values and infused with them all over) to claim nothing the government does can endorse any religion or be based on religious principles, as long as that action doesn't force people to adopt that religion as their own.

Still wrong - in fact wrongity-wrong-wrong. The founding fathers were theists some of whom were christian.

see

Member Avatar for diafol

[OFF_TOPIC]

Do you actually have a point or are you just posting to piss people off? We didn't invade Haiti. Haiti had an earthquake and people are trying to help.

I have a point, but I'd also like to **** off gung-ho pillocks that say things like "we're at war with the Muslims". You probably don't like my post, but I don't like people banging on about their right to invade other countries and then blast 'em with Bible bombs.

Just the point that the US government/military always seem to make a bigger mess of things wherever they go in the world. You probably get the sanitized version of news over there in the US, but we got to see what the military really got up to in Haiti - blocked roads, harbours and airfields. Aid was there but was prevented from being distributed. A friend of mine went over last week and couldn't believe the succession of cock-ups. Absolute joke.

I've got a future news flash - "US needs new Guantanamo Bay - Haiti government agrees"
[/OFF_TOPIC]

There's one big, big difference between 'VernonDozier' and 'jwenting.'

[OFF_TOPIC]

I have a point, but I'd also like to **** off gung-ho pillocks that say things like "we're at war with the Muslims". You probably don't like my post, but I don't like people banging on about their right to invade other countries and then blast 'em with Bible bombs.

Just the point that the US government/military always seem to make a bigger mess of things wherever they go in the world. You probably get the sanitized version of news over there in the US, but we got to see what the military really got up to in Haiti - blocked roads, harbours and airfields. Aid was there but was prevented from being distributed. A friend of mine went over last week and couldn't believe the succession of cock-ups. Absolute joke.

I've got a future news flash - "US needs new Guantanamo Bay - Haiti government agrees"
[/OFF_TOPIC]

What kind of unsanitized news do you think you get in Wales that we don't get in the U.S.? We get it all here and you get it all there. It just depends on what you decide to listen to. Anyway, the U.S. military has been given (key word - "given") responsibility for all logistics in the area, so any "cock-ups" regarding roads, ports, airports, etc. would indeed fall under their jurisdiction. I've heard the complaints. Some may be valid. If this relief effort is anything like previous relief efforts, I'm also guessing that there have also been a whole lot of cases where the U.S. military turned planes away and closed roads for extremely good reasons (i.e. roads that will collapse under too much weight, lack of flight plans, people sending food with absolutely no plan of how to get it distributed, security concerns, ...). Whatever you think of the U.S. military, one thing it's damn good at is large scale logistics. (and it's pretty damn good at fighting too! But it's REALLY good at logistics. :)).

Member Avatar for diafol

OK VD. Tend to let my fingers run away with themselves. But I have to disagree with the logistics bit. The fighting bit? Jury's out for me. You've got the best weaponry, but not so sure about anything else.

[OFF_TOPIC]

[/OFF_TOPIC]

That's funny, because I do recall that the Republic of Haiti is capable of media communication, but I do not recall them ever complaining about the U.S. government or the millions of dollars in aid that has been donated by U.S. citizens.

Member Avatar for diafol

Hah! sorry about late reply. No not Hugo Chavez, but he may have a point. Bible bombs, US Christian fanatics kidnapping children. This world is so ****ed up, I'm prepared to believe anything.

Does getting killed by a "Jesus" bomb give you brownie points at the pearly gate?

Does getting killed by a "Jesus" bomb give you brownie points at the pearly gate?

Only if you are already a 'brownie'

Of course not. It marks you as an enemy of Christianity so you go straight to hell, do not go past start, you do not get $500.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.