So today I was driving my car to work and I see an old man fall of his bicycle. Thinking that he might have a heartattack or something I quickly pulled over the car to help him. I had to jump a small ditch to get to him. When I approached, he was already getting back up. He had slipped over a patch of ice on the road and was fine.
At that moment I hear a loud screeching sound and see that someone apperantly didn't notice my car (with ALL the lights and indicators on) and (s)he hit my frontleft-fender and broke of the leftmirror, leaving behind an enormous scratch in the paint and a dent.

The person didn't stop and I couldn't read the license-plate, so I can pay for all the repairs myself...

So what's your FFFFUUUU experience that you like to share? (just to make me feel better :) )

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

So today I was driving my car to work and I see an old man fall of his bicycle. Thinking that he might have a heartattack or something I quickly pulled over the car to help him. I had to jump a small ditch to get to him. When I approached, he was already getting back up. He had slipped over a patch of ice on the road and was fine.
At that moment I hear a loud screeching sound and see that someone apperantly didn't notice my car (with ALL the lights and indicators on) and (s)he hit my frontleft-fender and broke of the leftmirror, leaving behind an enormous scratch in the paint and a dent.

The person didn't stop and I couldn't read the license-plate, so I can pay for all the repairs myself...

[attach]13413[/attach]

So what's your FFFFUUUU experience that you like to share? (just to make me feel better :) )

Well if it's any consolation, I can't get my code to work, so I've littered the code with printf statements for debugging, only the printf statements seem to cause seg faults, so I need to take them out and put something else in instead.

So if it cheers you up, I'm having a rotten day too. Just remember: No good deed goes unpunished. If you had just kept driving, you wouldn't be in this mess.

That sucks so bad. If it makes you feel better, my classes this semester
is a tough load. Its busting my chops and we just started.

I started the year with a miserable cold.

'FFFFFuuuuuu!' is correct, but remember that if it isn't life threading, it isn't much to worry about. Let's just hope that all your other days are getting better this year.

I started the year with water pipes bursting in my house. The plumber said that all the pipes are butyl rubber (gray plastic stuff), outlawed since 1995 and need to be replaced with something more modern.

I hope that niek_e's insurance will pay for most of his car damage. No such luck for me!

Double FFFFFuuuuuu!!

I hope that niek_e's insurance will pay for most of his car damage. No such luck for me!

Too bad for me, but the insurance told me that they won't pay me anything. His/her insurance should pay for the damage, but I didn't get the license-plate, so no idea who hit me and no insurance to go to. Got my car back from the garage today and it's looks brandnew again, so that's great. Now for the bill..... :S

@vegaseat:
So how are things going with your pipes?

hmmm... 4chan memes, well then I say: last Thursday when the pool closed due to AIDS.

hmmm... 4chan memes, well then I say: last Thursday when the pool closed due to AIDS.

The pool closed due to aids? This needs explanation?

Too bad for me, but the insurance told me that they won't pay me anything. His/her insurance should pay for the damage, but I didn't get the license-plate, so no idea who hit me and no insurance to go to. Got my car back from the garage today and it's looks brandnew again, so that's great. Now for the bill..... :S

@vegaseat:

Just got the estimate. Cutting open the walls, removing the old pipes, installing the new pipes and fixing the walls will set me back US $12,000. There goes my annual trip around he world!

The pool closed due to aids? This needs explanation?

The Great Habbo Raids of '06-'09? It's about one of the most over used memes on the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e552vTU0bzI

-

My other ffffffuuuuuuu moment was last Thurrsday, when I asked the clerk at GameSchnook if they had a copy of Battletoads and then the manager popped out of nowhere with a shotgun pointed at me, telling me to get the [bleppity bleep bleep] out of his [blerping blerp bloop] store because I was [curbleeping blup bleep] for asking.

If you don't get that meme; then idk what to say.

commented: You have bipolar disorder...get yourself checked out kiddo. +0

I got a summons for jury duty.

I got a job - cuts back on my gaming and posting.

@vegaseat:

I've never heard of this. "Hit and Run" isn't covered?

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Finally! Congratulations are in order!

Hope the job pays enough for you to survive on.

I got a summons for jury duty.

Does that mean you can send some criminal to the electric chair?

Does that mean you can send some criminal to the electric chair?

Seems to be a tall price to pay for petty larceny, but hey, I guess it's all about deterrence.

Finally! Congratulations are in order!

Hope the job pays enough for you to survive on.

It might even be a career - I am working for the Department of Treasury; starts at GS 5 and every year (2080 hours), I get a bump until I hit GS 8. Previous government experience counts so I might actually hit GS 8 after I get past my probationary period. It ain't much but it is better than 18 months of unemployment and a lot less that I was making in 1999

I drippled a little bit in my underwear becuase i didnt shake enough =(

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

That's why you should buy underwear that's yellow in front and brown in the back. :)

Anyway, yesterday I enjoyed some cherry ice cream and it had a part of a pit in it, enough to chip my tooth and now I have to spend some time at the dentist.

commented: n1gga u iz 2 funny! +0

That's why you should buy underwear that's yellow in front and brown in the back. :)

Lawl, I should invest in a pair of those!

Anyway, yesterday I enjoyed some cherry ice cream and it had a part of a pit in it, enough to chip my tooth and now I have to spend some time at the dentist.

Ouch, my dentist is a ripoff artist. She pokes around in my mouth for 10 minutes, calls it something fancy and charges $600.

I had a dentist appointment scheduled for New Year's Eve, of all days. Got a call that morning that the dentist would be out of the office due to a family health emergency.

Rescheduled the appointment for this past Monday. Got a call that morning that said the dentist was out sick.

Rescheduled the appointment for sometime next month... when I will get a call that morning that says the dentist hit the jackpot and has been splitting time between Aspen and the Bahamas.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.