So, in 6 weeks i am going overseas for the first time in my life... Sort of, i lived on a boat for a few years but i'm not counting that :P. But anyway, i digress.

I am flying from Australia to the San Francisco for a holiday in the western states for 3 weeks :) So seeing i am in Oz and i know many of you live in the US i was wondering, whats something i should see/do when over there?

Cheers
Paul :)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

San Francisco is "overseas" ??? OMG! Don't be surprised if you see a lot of men holding hands with other men in that city because it's one of the biggest gay cities in the USA. In 6 weeks it will be sprint time there so the weather should be pretty nice. As for tourist attractions -- I live a little over 2,000 miles from SF so I don't get there very often.

If you have time you might want to drive 55 miles to Fairfield, CA and tour the JellyBelly candy factory. Its pretty interesting.

I am flying from Australia to the San Francisco for a holiday in the western states for 3 weeks :) So seeing i am in Oz and i know many of you live in the US i was wondering, whats something i should see/do when over there?

Yosemite?

Head up to Washington an check out Bill Gate's house, Microsoft, Real Player, Google...

Wait a minute. This is a vacation...

Universal Studios, Disneyland. That's more like it...

I am flying from Australia to the San Francisco

Well better to head towards San Diego and check out the zoo than stay in stuffy old Frisco.

Real Player

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2601+Elliott+Avenue+Seattle

Nothing particularly interesting about that building, but the area has alot of fun places visit.

>> Real Player

Nothing particularly interesting about that building, but the area has alot of fun places visit.

True. But when I saw it I was tempted to look inside. I went to Pike's instead. Had a much better, and yummier, time.

Well better to head towards San Diego and check out the zoo than stay in stuffy old Frisco.

Go here instead it is Ye Olde Curiosity Shop - a must see stop for anyone looking some really odd stuff.

Also, if you are here on the rare sunny day - go to Mt Constitution on Orcas Island - it is only 1100 feet above see level but you can see from Vancouver BC Canada to Portland OR (well not really but it is one of the best views on the pacific coast.

I'll put in a plug for my state - South Dakota. Where else can you see four Presidents carved in a mountain, and just a short drive from there find an Indian chief also carved on a mountain? We got deer and the antelope, and the buffalo roaming!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.