I think the Call of Duty 4 is the best one. I also like the boxing game of<URL SNIPPED> nintendo Wii. Because I drip sweat and get away from the big pressure in the life. It was such a great experience when you get refresh in the game. So many thanks to PS2 and Wii bringing me so much fun. And I also fortunately find many cheap quality PS2 flash cart, Wii controller, boxing gloves, wheel, NDS flash cart from sourcinggate.com. It's great!

Recommended Answers

All 110 Replies

I don't know why you go and post these types of things in this forum. It obviously belongs to the "Geek's Lounge". In anycase, warzone 2100 is obviously the best game ever made.

There is no "best", nor can there be.
Not only don't you supply any criteria to use in defining "best" that can be scientifically measured, you don't know all games out there so can't even apply those criteria to every game in existence in order to see how well it matches them.

I played Mirror`s Edge recently on a laptop and I really liked it. I can`t say a really play games...I think the proper word is "test" them, because I get bored very quickly. I usually end up quiting after 10 minutes...but I played Mirror`s Edge for about 3 hours

my one are commandos and ghost recon!

Not only don't you supply any criteria to use in defining "best" that can be scientifically measured, you don't know all games out there so can't even apply those criteria to every game in existence in order to see how well it matches them.

–adjective,superl. of good with better as compar.
1.    of the highest quality, excellence, or standing: the best work; the best students.
2.    most advantageous, suitable, or desirable: the best way.
3.    largest; most: the best part of a day.

:P

'Best' would be a matter of opinion anyway, what you think is the 'best' game could bore someone else.

Personally, my favourite game is either; World of Warcraft or Age of Empires 3. :)

One way to define "best" is through sales. The game that sales the most copies must obviously be the best. If it was a lousy game than very few people would buy it.

By looking at the shelves at the WalMart store where I work I would think PC games are not very popular any more. There are a lot more games for WII and XBox.

IMHP "Diablo LOD" was the best game in its time. Don't play games any more so I can't comment on current games.

My favorite game of recent months is Dragon Age: Origins, which I played on Xbox 360 but it also available on PC and PS3. Mass Effect 2 (360 and PC) is also a good recent game.

All time? I'm going with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

This post brought to you by our good friends at BioWare.

(BioWare happens to be the developer of all the games I mentioned above. It just worked out that way, I guess.)

I am actually going back and playing Far Cry (the original on my pc) again. The graphics suck but the gameplay is fantastic. All the levels have multiple ways to solve and I get to use grenade launchers, sniper rifles, and bazookas.

Pokemon Gold. Sadly, the internal game-cartridge battery died and I'm to lazy to replace it.

Unless we're talking strictly desktop x86 games here. Which it also runs on if you have the ROM and an emulator.

COD. period.

Pokemon Gold. Sadly, the internal game-cartridge battery died and I'm to lazy to replace it.

Unless we're talking strictly desktop x86 games here. Which it also runs on if you have the ROM and an emulator.

I assumed we were talking Desktop Computer Games.

If not, then there is only one answer, and that answer is Final Fantasy VII :)

commented: loser +0
Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Delta Force from Novalogic and Project IGI.

I assumed we were talking Desktop Computer Games.

Other than a mouse and keyboard, what's the difference anymore?

If not, then there is only one answer, and that answer is Final Fantasy VII :)

I've been looking for that game for awhile. Had a chance to pick it up along time ago cheap, but had no cash and now they're hard to find or more cash than I carry. Sort of how I want to see how the Golden Sun story continues, but the second part is hard to find or as much as $114 for a mint copy(not like there's any point to a mint edition).

Other than a mouse and keyboard, what's the difference anymore?

I've been looking for that game for awhile. Had a chance to pick it up along time ago cheap, but had no cash and now they're hard to find or more cash than I carry. Sort of how I want to see how the Golden Sun story continues, but the second part is hard to find or as much as $114 for a mint copy(not like there's any point to a mint edition).

Holy **** :-O

I still see boxed PAL copies of all 3 disks go for £20-£30 here.. Not sure why NTSC ones are more expensive... Very good game though :)

my favorite game is Prototype

An old dos game called Terminal Velocity 27 levels of shoot'n fly no fancy stuff just unlimited aerial dog fight and no friendlies to worry about bash around until tired of it then back to the real world. Later---

I like spider solitaire very much and i am playing its third level now.

SNIP

Member Avatar for diafol

Space Hulk (on old old Windows). Likewise Monkey Island 2. I loved the original Prince of Persia. I lost interest after about 1995. Oh, I liked Quake too.

One way to define "best" is through sales. The game that sales the most copies must obviously be the best. If it was a lousy game than very few people would buy it.

Not really. That would indicate the best marketing department, not necessarilly the best product :)

I think the best 3d game made is Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition followed by Doom 1. I know many of you's will say that's a 2.5D game but how can be as it can't have half an axis. Anyways back on topic, my friend recently introduced me to a real game called Unreal Tournament 1. I am now buying Unreal Tournament 3 to see the difference. So that makes my latest favorite Unreal Tournament and I'm a natural.

Mine is either MS. pacman,SUPER MARIO BROTHERS or Dig dug :)

commented: Good post +0

Mine is either MS. pacman,SUPER MARIO BROTHERS or Dig dug :)

lol Good one. Microsoft Pacman. lol

I like modern warfare 2 the most, most of my friends like it as well.

For me i always love to play super mario on my notebook. Its really a very interesting game. I would like to suggest you that you should try it. Hope you 'll like it.

you know....

Oregon Trail

rules all.

I don't have one single game that I love, but here are a few that I like:
Sim City 4 ( been playing for awhile, never gets boring)
Mvp baseball 2005 ( like it alot, the only weak thing about it is the stadium options)
DK GB ( almost beat it <after like 4 year> the someone deleted all the data) Good game for your wallet
Civ 4 (This game rocks. Until they add on expansion packs to Civ 5, I am staying with this gem. The best part is when you have nukes!<trust me> They look awesome!)
Dos warez/roms (lot of good one, like KGB <which is cool, but I need to figure out how to play it ;) )
Capitalism ( I SO WISH I COULD FIND THE ORIGINAL! I bought it for one dollar at Save-a-Lot, and I loved it. But then I lost it. Then I tried to find a rom/warez of it, and I could not find it anywhere. But I love it!)
some SNES roms
Sonic Adventure DX ( Really fun game. This is textbook example of how 3D platformers should be made)
Jungle Strike (Really good action game)
ROMS in general
and MANY MORE....

I don't necessarily have a favourite, but if I'm good at it, I like it :D.

Mortal Kombat
Resident Evil Series
Diablo 2
Starcraft

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.