Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by GrimJack
Featured Replies

Man - this [URL="http://io9.com/5728804/moving-dots-optical-illusion-reveals-the-power-of-silencing"]illusion[/URL] took me a couple minutes to even realize what I wasn't seeing. Read More

Now take a look at what happens when you blend [URL="http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/09/human-skin-embedded-with-spider-silk-can-stop-a-bullet/"]spider silk and skin[/URL]. Silk was often used as an under-liner beneath armor because projectiles like bullets did not pierce the silk, it pulled the silk into the wound - keeping it 'hygienic'. Read More

That's really neat. My first thought is talk about a way to blow through your disk space!

at least for average amounts of infinity

Sure... :)

Edited by jonsca: n/a

Did you notice - he netted the entire room - I bet he broke a lamp or 2 before he wised up.

yeah I noticed the net that's why I wondered how much stuff he damaged during flight training LOL. Later---

Man - this illusion took me a couple minutes to even realize what I wasn't seeing.

Edited by GrimJack: n/a

Votes + Comments
Good one.

Now take a look at what happens when you blend spider silk and skin. Silk was often used as an under-liner beneath armor because projectiles like bullets did not pierce the silk, it pulled the silk into the wound - keeping it 'hygienic'.

Edited by GrimJack: hang a silk kerchief and try to shoot it

Yes - spider silk is being used for improved armor and in parachutes; it can be used in automobiles because it can be given 'memory' so that the energy of the accident will be taken up by the product and released as it resumes its original shape.

In Canada, some goats were modified to produce 'spider silk' in their milk. The spidergoats are the product of a company called BioSteel.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.