Well just then i hit 1000 posts, one of my prouder moments at daniweb :) http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread264325.html

It's good to reach that number, and get a star on my profile. Does this mean i can count myself as a regular now? :P

Anyway, 1000 posts in i'm still loving it, so ill be sticking around for a while longer

Cheers
Paul :)

Nick Evan commented: congtrats! +0
diafol commented: Congrats on the big millennium! +0
Ancient Dragon commented: Yea! +0
jonsca commented: WTG +0
kvprajapati commented: Congrats! +0

Recommended Answers

All 34 Replies

(congt)Rats, I misspelled your reputation-comment :(
Anyway: congratulations! Only nine more stars to go until you reach the max!

Member Avatar for diafol

Yeah, well done PT.

Congrats on your first 1000 posts :) I was pretty thrilled about it too so I know how you feel.

What about the next 15 times? Not quite as good? :(

Congrats PT. Keep up the good posts :).

hahaha, thanks guys :)

Yawn.

Yes, we get it. Your trying to be a troll. You're not doing a particular good job if you don't mind me saying.

Yes, we get it. Your trying to be a troll. You're not doing a particular good job if you don't mind me saying.

I'm not even trying, this is just seriously old. Do we need a new thread every time someone achieves x or y amount of post? We already have a several-dozen others.

I'm not even trying, this is just seriously old. Do we need a new thread every time someone achieves x or y amount of post? We already have a several-dozen others.

Nobody twisting your arm to click on the thread, is there?

>Nobody twisting your arm to click on the thread, is there?
In theory, excessive posts could fill up the database and slow the site down enough to cost Dani more money in maintaining the status quo, and in turn she could start charging subscriptions. Every "I HAZ XXX POSTS D00D!!11" brings Daniweb closer to death by placing greater burden on the system without any value to the community.

commented: LOL. Oh wait, you're serious.... :P +0

Yeah, okay, sure a couple of members dont like it. But its not like you see this all the time. Just ignore it. Simple

Well, thank you for the many contributions to the Python forum. Those were well done posts!

> Do we need a new thread every time someone achieves x or y
> amount of post

No, we don't, really. But you chose to post a "yawn" instead of looking at the thread, shaking your head and moving on. There are some things you mustn't do and one of them is punching holes in someone's happiness. :)

> But its not like you see this all the time

Yeah, don't worry about it, we don't mind spammers who contribute in a good way. :P

>There are some things you mustn't do and one of them is punching holes in someone's happiness.
How boring. ;)

commented: Please, please don't hate me for that... ;) +0

In theory, excessive posts could fill up the database and slow the site down enough to cost Dani more money in maintaining the status quo, and in turn she could start charging subscriptions. Every "I HAZ XXX POSTS D00D!!11" brings Daniweb closer to death by placing greater burden on the system without any value to the community.

However, if there were a subscription fee, perhaps there would be less bumping of 4 year old threads by "newbies" posting links to their blogs. I'd call that a win.

How would that reduce the problem? Now if there was a fee for each post :) :) :) But that would probably eliminate everything in Geeks' Lounge, except for those members who have too much money.

How would that reduce the problem? Now if there was a fee for each post :) :) :) But that would probably eliminate everything in Geeks' Lounge, except for those members who have too much money.

I'm envisioning a new Geek's lounge now: Dani makes a post, dani pays herself for said post, dani makes a post, dani pays herself for said post...

Congrats :)

Been here 2 years and just approaching 600 :P

An irrelevant theory since Geeks' Lounge exist and Posting Games is a sub-forum of it.

Congratulations for stopping-by that many times. You are an important member of the 721,111 that this board boast of having at the time I wrote this. ;)

Member Avatar for diafol

Some of you old fogies are getting too cantakerous for your own good. PT - well done - again. It's been a while. The fact that someone has managed to post 1000 times is quite an achievement - especially high quality posts. The fact that some of the contributors have stuck around this long may be one of the main reasons why DW is so popular.

How many people have made the golden 1000 anyway? Would it really bring DW to its knees if every one of them started a yipee thread? I don't know.

*Sheesh* some people...

Would it really bring DW to its knees if every one of them started a yipee thread?

Well, there is one way to find out... :P But I doubt that anyone would be popular for spamming the Geeks' Lounge with a whole load of 'x000 posts made' threads :D

How many people have made the golden 1000 anyway? Would it really bring DW to its knees if every one of them started a yipee thread? I don't know.

*Sheesh* some people...

There have been quite a few members, but I don't know how to get a list of members and their post count any more. At one time there was a quick link to that information, but that has been removed. But there certainly isn't enough to bring DW to its knees.

I see nothing wrong with this kind of thread -- its helpful to recognize those who have made exceptional contributions, and this is just one of them.

There have been quite a few members, but I don't know how to get a list of members and their post count any more.

Unfortunately Dani removed this feature because it resulted in an enormous load on the DB-servers.

Probably because every time someone clicked it, it tried to check every member to see who had that many posts. It'd seem more reasonable to calculate that figure once per week (during a time when the server has a low load like late at night) and to keep a file of the list of members who fit the category. I don't know very much about DB load so that is just a thought, it might be totally off.

Too bad there isn't a count of the quality of a post.

number of replies is often a good indicator. Very low AND very high numbers indicate bad posts.

number of replies is often a good indicator. Very low AND very high numbers indicate bad posts.

Anyway, Narue's prediction has come true. Getting an error posting indicating memory has indeed now run out:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) in /home/daniweb/httpdocs/forums/includes/class_bbcode.php(172) : eval()'d code on line 1

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.